Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Yamaha raider built to the max . I have the 120 big bore with all the goods that go with it, cams, port and polish heads, big air kit, power commander V and so on. My wife has a 2010 Jackpot and I absolutely love it. I know my bike would take hers in a heartbeat, but if they were both stock she could take me. I know these are not race bikes but I love the power it's addicting. So I'm thinking of trading the Raider in for a new Jackpot and building it to the max. In other words the 116 big bore, but I don't want to build it unless I'm sure I will have better results . Mine is putting out 132tq and 111 hp .
Let me hear what your opinion.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can go 2 ways.
Bolt on a turbo on a stock engine and get nearly 150 hp to the tire, or go to lloydz.com and scroll to the bottom of his home page to see what you can get with a 116" and stock exhaust. Even give him a call and see what he can do for you.
As for which is faster, that all depends on your reaction time.
cheers

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
111/132 from 120 cubic inches? Wouldn't be hard to beat that...

My 104" Victory made 120/130 with stock heads, stock throttle bodies, and .495" lift cams. Now, at 110" it makes between 133 and 136 HP and between 136 and 142 ft-lbs with .484" lift cams.

The joy of the Victory powerplant is there is no need for "building it to the max" because you can get crazy power from a super mild configuration. If you build the 116 to the max we're talking 180+ HP without boost or juice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
180 hp sounds like a lot of fun, I have not seen those kind of numbers on lloydz site thow. I think the best I saw was about 137

·
Registered
755 Posts
Remember more extreme the build less rideable the bike is. You can build that monster engine but all you'll be doing is towing the bike to the drag strip and back. Have 15 less hp which you'll never miss and enjoy the bike. cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are correct i want to keep it on the street. I would be happy to get up in the 150 range if it is possible without turbo or NOS just all engine.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Remember more extreme the build less rideable the bike is. You can build that monster engine but all you'll be doing is towing the bike to the drag strip and back. Have 15 less hp which you'll never miss and enjoy the bike. cheers
To a point, but if it's done right, they can be very docile, just like stock. I built a 110" on my old Kingpin. Made over 133hp and 142tq, yet very mild mannered in town, better than some of the new stock bikes. It's all about tuning.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
If you were so inclined you could have a streetable/reliable 140/140, which would be +29/+8 over your Raider.

If it were me, first I would think long and hard about how much performance is really necessary... then I would call Lloyd, tell him what you're after, and see what he suggests and what it would cost you.

I can assure you that there's a huge difference between living in the 110 HP neighborhood and living in the 130-140 HP neighborhood... Just some food for thought...

·
Registered
755 Posts
To a point, but if it's done right, they can be very docile, just like stock. I built a 110" on my old Kingpin. Made over 133hp and 142tq, yet very mild mannered in town, better than some of the new stock bikes. It's all about tuning.
My point exactly. :D
There is a huge difference between 133hp build a a 180hp build. :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The Coastal Victory guys are doing a 200MPH bike with a Victory engine so anything is possible. Run a search on 200MPH bike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Coastal Victory guys are doing a 200MPH bike with a Victory engine so anything is possible. Run a search on 200MPH bike
I did see that video and also saw they blew up the motor. I talked to lloydz about building the XC when I owned it. I would def have him do my build on the JP. I'm not interested in doing 200mph the wind will destroy you. I just like feeling the power. A few years ago I test rode a 110cu JP but I liked how the raider had more off the line torque, so I built up my motor thinking I would be around 130hp and 140 tq. But not so much and now the only thing left is supercharge or NOS. So in other words I'm ready to move on to the next big thing. I just found a 2010 for 12500$ in the classified, that doesn't sound to bad. Now I just have decide if I want to keep the Raider and buy the JP or Sell it. I'm sure I won't get my money's worth just like the XC I just sold.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I did see that video and also saw they blew up the motor. I talked to lloydz about building the XC when I owned it. I would def have him do my build on the JP. I'm not interested in doing 200mph the wind will destroy you. I just like feeling the power. A few years ago I test rode a 110cu JP but I liked how the raider had more off the line torque, so I built up my motor thinking I would be around 130hp and 140 tq. But not so much and now the only thing left is supercharge or NOS. So in other words I'm ready to move on to the next big thing. I just found a 2010 for 12500$ in the classified, that doesn't sound to bad. Now I just have decide if I want to keep the Raider and buy the JP or Sell it. I'm sure I won't get my money's worth just like the XC I just sold.
Sam, if you like power get a lighter bike than the JP.
My Hiball would kill your wifes JP just due to the lighter rear tire.
I know the big rears look cool but just ride a HiBall to see how much better they handle. Trouble with the Raiders is the low RPM. Can make more power with more RPMs and the Vics can spin faster. But you know that.:ltr: Take Jack

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know it will loose a little power but I can't see it being too much loss. I like the high ball just not as much as the Jackpot.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I know it will loose a little power but I can't see it being too much loss. I like the high ball just not as much as the Jackpot.
Eh haa, you got it bad my man. You,ve already made up your mind so go for it. I really think you need a crotchrocket:ltr::ltr:
LOL.
I remember when I had it that bad.Two busas and a ZX 14 and I got it out of my system. I know ya want low end power so the ugly Rocket lll is the only thing I can think of to get close to what ya want but I know ya couldn't stand the looks.
Think theres a couple of turbos out now for the Vics.
Any body know??
Iam just jealous Sam. If I had your money id throw mine away.
Lloyd's will fix ya right up without all the drama you went through with the Raider.thumb up

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly ( No Drama) I divorced the drama queen six years ago. And this Raider build has been nothing but. My next build will be done by the pros and at one shop. I almost thought about selling it and having Tejas do up a new Raider for me, but then I realized I still have a victory jacket and no bike to go with it. Hee Hee!
Also I did the crotch rockets when I was younger but couldn't seem to keep the front wheel on the ground. After getting bucked off one time from the death wobbles after coming off a wheelie lopsided .I realized I needed a bike that would keep both wheels on the ground.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
This looks like what you are looking for...Lloyds 116/VM1 Cams...done deal!

·
Registered
75 Posts
victoryvegas84's bike was on the dyno this weekend getting tuned. We ran into some problems at higher HP levels and it cutting out, but the bike put down an easy 134 hp @ 4800 rpm/158 ft-lb on 10 psi with the aerocharger kit. Once the cutting out issue is addressed I don't think 150 hp is out of the question at all. Best of all is the bike still starts, runs, and rides like stock until you twist your right wrist. thumb up

1 - 20 of 34 Posts