Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search in the gen disc and didn't find anything so I figured I'd ask: If you have a tool bag on your scoot, what tools do you have in it?

I have 6 & 8mm allen keys, 6 1/2" needle nose vice grips, 10, 12 & 14mm combo wrenches, electrical tape, about 12" of braided steel wire, a 4" crescent wrench, a 4" pair of pliers, a smallish hose clamp, a 6-in-1 screwdriver, various zip ties and a couple of rags.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What toolbag?
Don't even carry the stuff Vic gives us.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I carry the OEM tool kit, a set of metric hex sockets, an air pump for my suspension and a jewelers screw driver set to be able to get into my DGD fob to change the battery on the road if I need to.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
To add to what's been mentioned; compact multi-meter, electrical tape, fuses.
In the decades I have been on a motorcycle, I have used my tools and tire repair stuff to help others. I can't recall a time I needed to use them on my bike.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Uh...I have the mishmash of metric hoobajoobs that came in the OE toolkit. Did use the allens and the 10mm wrench on the road once why my battery cable wiggled loose. Other than that, I carry a tire inflator and that's it.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Tire repair kit,rags,not mutch else......:)

·
Premium Member
732 Posts

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
A set of fire drills, a left hand hammer and a metric crescent wrench

·
Registered
352 Posts
A set of fire drills, a left hand hammer and a metric crescent wrench
Mine will probably have my new Lay Down License bracket in it,since it probably won't fit on my bike.............:ltr:

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Mine will probably have my new Lay Down License bracket in it,since it probably won't fit on my bike.............:ltr:
If you have a Cross bike, its a perfect fit. Do you not have a Cross bike Dan?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Home depot has the small Husky socket and screwdriver bit sets which I take on trips along with an inflator, a tire plug kit, LED light, and the famous Victory kit complete with cigar cutter and lighter. thumb up

Thinking about packing a spare clutch cable too. You never know

·
13,235 Posts
I have some long strips of duck tape stuck to inside of the saddle bags. Allen wrench's sockets mm and zip ties. Multi head screwdriver
electrical tape a old vitamin jar with nuts and bolts in it along with electoral wire. Side cutters. Mine volt meter.
Rule of thumb is what tools you use in garage do you need them in the bike. Harley has 100% better tool kit then we have. Many times I fell Vic was made over seas the way they can be so cheap about some things.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
They need it, we don't.thumb up
Excellent point right there . My Vic came with a 4mm and a 6 mm Allen wrench , guess that's all you need when you ride a Victory ! thumb up:D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
In the decades I have been on a motorcycle, I have used my tools and tire repair stuff to help others. I can't recall a time I needed to use them on my bike.
I can almost say the same. At least it's been that way since I got rid of my 72 Triumph Bonneville way back in 1976. Now that thing #$%***[email protected] ... it was always breakin down somewhere!

As for what's in my tool bag .... ain't looked in it for so long, I forget. :ltr:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
metric crescent wrench
METRIC??? no wonder mine keeps slipping off :crzy:

I also carry a Long Weight .... the Harley guys borrow it :ltr:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts