Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm definitely going to move the plate...I like the radius primary mount but don't see one for my year...I'll keep looking....if I have to go swing arm I will....Blinkers have to go....I'm not 100% sold on the MBW strip...I like it, but I also like the really small bullets....front and back...but if I go that route, I have to come up with some mount...are there after market mounts that work with the stock placement? drill holes in fender?? I'm not sure...It's to expensive to do one and not like it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where did you get that plate mount? I have been looking for one for my 12.
MBW I beleive, took them literally 6 months to make it. They listed on their sight the horizontal black one but didn't have it in stock. Had to build it but I am sure they have plenty now since they probally didn't just make 1.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I'm definitely going to move the plate...I like the radius primary mount but don't see one for my year...I'll keep looking....if I have to go swing arm I will....Blinkers have to go....I'm not 100% sold on the MBW strip...I like it, but I also like the really small bullets....front and back...but if I go that route, I have to come up with some mount...are there after market mounts that work with the stock placement? drill holes in fender?? I'm not sure...It's to expensive to do one and not like it...
If your going to go with the billet kind there are mounts out there to mount under your rear fender. jpcycles sells one for the vegas. 2012 is not listed in the fittment but my guess is it will work. I order one from them for my jackpot and it was not listed so I asked them and the said they just have not updated alot of the fittment lists. Jackpot mount has a different product number because of wider fender. Here is the link for the normal fender for vegas, I would ask if it will fit your 2012 before ordering. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ32374 . I have not installed mine yet, trying to find time with being a taxi for the kids this summer has been the problem.

As far as the license plate there are alot of different ways to go. MBW has some, Meancycle.com has some, outlawchrome.com, and I ordered mine from this guy www.pinedasmetalcustomdesigns.com because he was the most reseanable priced so you may want to look into this site. Again I have not been able to mount yet but hopefully in the next week or so. Good luck. cheers

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
I've been seeing the horizontal and vertical side plate holders for years and still don't see the advantage except for showing more of the back tire. I've always thought a cleaner plate holder in the same spot under the back fender was more functional, kept the back end leaner, and protected the rider better from wet roads and the tire throwing oily/dirty water up. People are always catching their shins on the side plates too.

There is a cool factor to them though. :D

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm with Bob, I think the sidemount looks out of place. Plus I push the bike around in the garage alot and it seems like it would be in the way. I went with a fender mount.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the primary mount is the best for the plate....as far as the lights...fender struts won't look right....to high...and with my bag it won't work...that mount that Sman showed....anyone use it?...

·
Registered
185 Posts
have not seen a side mount in Australia, all are rear fender mount..cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been seeing the horizontal and vertical side plate holders for years and still don't see the advantage except for showing more of the back tire. I've always thought a cleaner plate holder in the same spot under the back fender was more functional, kept the back end leaner, and protected the rider better from wet roads and the tire throwing oily/dirty water up. People are always catching their shins on the side plates too.

There is a cool factor to them though. :D

Just my $.02.
When I decided to go with the front turn LED's around my forks I didn't want the rear turn eyeballs so I did the LED on the back. Everyone is different and with this side plate I haven't noticed any problems with what you and others discribe to date.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts