Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have already been done but ohh well. So list the best mod you've done to your bike. It doesn't have to be something you bought either, maybe you found a cool trick you'd like to share.

So, I'll start. I haven't done much to my '07 Vegas 8-Ball yet, it already had a Lloydz VFC, shotgun pipes, rear seat and pegs and the stage 1 air box kit. I got a pretty sweet deal on a dealer demo. So besides purchasing the bike the best thing I did was the 2'' foward foot peg relocation kit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow! That bike is fantastic! You should be a designer for sombody. Can you list everything you have done to it? I'm interested in the raked front end. Great work!!!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thank you very much for the compliment.

I just recently dissolved my business with my ex partner. I had a company by the name of Victory Lane Cycles and I did modifications to Victory motorcycles.

The list is long none the less here it is.
• Kewlmetal 45 degree rake kit with fat lowers. The trail was engineered to be correct for a true linear smooth ride.
• Kewlmetal custom made primary cover
• Kewlmetal timing adjuster cover
• Kewlmetal Bleed Feed Air Ride with remote control. You can control rebound with this system
• Ness Cross Wheels, 21x2.5 front and 18x10.5 rear with a 280mm Metzler
• Ness Rad II Tear Dropmirrors
• Ness Rad III hand controls
• Ness main drive pulley cover
• Ness K&N intake
• MBWLED front blinkers
• MBW bullet rear blinkers
• Kuryakyn hand grips
• Kuryakyn foot pegs
• Hozer Dave's Braided Oil Lines
• Front Axle bolt covers
• Mastiff's Dipstick
• Chrome "Jackpot" shift linkage
• Victory Chrome Cam chain adjuster covers
• Victory Chrome tear drop axle adjuster
• Victory Chrome Rear Axle Adjuster Covers
• Victory Digital Info Speedometer
• Victory Chrome Speedometer Visor
• Victory Chrome Gas Cap
• Victory Chrome Brake/Clutch Banjo Bolt Covers
• Victory Chrome Crank Sensor Cover
• Victory Chrome Rear Axle Nut/Pivot Covers
• Victory Chrome Starter Cover
• Victory Chrome Tank Strap Covers
• Victory Hammer S black brake calipers
• Victory Flamed bandit solo seat
• Victory Shotgun exhaust with Big City Thunder Monster baffles
• Victory Stock rider and passenger seat
• Adjustable brake light modulator
• Custom Edge Handle bars by Santa Rosa Vee Twin
• Barnett control cables
• New 6 over Barnett clutch cable
• New Lyndall Gold Plus brake pads front and rear (good for 15000+ miles)
• Wizard 7 color LED show lights with remote control
• Outlaw Chrome 16 inch removable sissy bar

Here are the links to some great aftermarket Victory guys. They are Victory owners and riders themselves. Make sure you let them know that I referred you.

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/
http://www.cycleopsusa.com/aboutus.html
http://www.conquestcustoms.com/

·
Registered
257 Posts
also where can i get a forward control extension kit? and is it direct bolt on or do i have to get a longer linkage and such?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thank you, Its a Jackpot. My first choice was an 8ball but I wanted the wide tire. I knew I could sell or powdercoat all the chrome.

In a week or so I should have the NEW pics. THose pics are a year old and I did a lot more powdercoating to her.

My controls are the stock controls BUT here is a link to 4 inch extensions.

http://geocities.com/seventyth/

The guy that makes them is a Victory rider. Be sure to tell him that Diamond from the VMC refered you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
great looking bike. Did u have any issue when you lowered your bike/ i lowered my 8 ball 1.5 inches and seem to get a little rubbing in the fender. I adjusted the shock, but think i need a fewe more turns. the rake looks good also.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Actually I'm on air ride BUT I did have her lowered before the air ride. Never had issues.

Saying that, there are some things to do when lowering your bike. As you've already done and it sounds like you need more. Adjust the pre load on the shock, move the wiring harness to the side of the fender. All it takes is one time to rip out the harness.

Depending on your weight you may not be able to get enough pre load to stop bottoming out. If that's the case then an air ride or the Penske shock is your alternative.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i gave the shock nut 5 full turns and still have a lot to go. i weigh 210lbs, so i should be able to get it not to rub. It only rubs a little now after the first adjustment. lowering my bike is probaly my favorite thing i did, but i have replaced:

T-bars
grips
pegs
power commander
mirrors
license plate (not on yet, saving to get the led turn signals)

·
Registered
173 Posts
the best modi ever did was find a new lady to ride with. the old one hated it and i got tired of riding alone. now i got one that is addicted to riding as much as i am. worth every penny!!!!:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Holey **** thats beautiful

Mate thats just the perfect balance of pretty , sexy and bad arse M/[email protected]
Bow down to the king!
Will you ride her up to Sturgis this year( 2010)?..I would love to see it in the flesh ...iam about 6000miles away in NZ and am forfilling a dream i have had since the age of 12 to ride to sturgis...funny the dream has always been on a Harley...guess i grew up!
Have posted a couple of threads asking advice so will just say ...again......... WOW.......

·
Registered
301 Posts
bought and road it, stands out for me:cool:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Mate thats just the perfect balance of pretty , sexy and bad arse M/[email protected]
Bow down to the king!
Will you ride her up to Sturgis this year( 2010)?..I would love to see it in the flesh ...iam about 6000miles away in NZ and am forfilling a dream i have had since the age of 12 to ride to sturgis...funny the dream has always been on a Harley...guess i grew up!
Have posted a couple of threads asking advice so will just say ...again......... WOW.......
Thank you. I have the front end off now. I had new bars made and they didn't work with the Ness controls plus the guys that made the bars mocked them on an 09 and the throttle controls are different. LOL

Thats the problem with aftermarket and custom. Sometimes they don't work together.

·
Registered
17 Posts
diamond --> damn that is one bad ass machine you got.

best thing i've done to mine so far --> pt on a detachable windshield (old style). great for long rides and a must have for winter rides

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yea Nice looking bike diamond . And good placement on your lighting . Thats my next project. Hows your bike when your air ride is all the way down ? Ive got to be careful when parking mine close to level (should get a shorter kick stand)

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thanks again for the compliments guys.

I rode Porti once with the bike slammed and stopped after a mile or so. I don't understand how people can like rigid chassis! I thought my teeth were going to break from hitting each other and I'm sure one of my kidneys fell 2 or so inches! LOL

I've never had a problem with my bike tipping over. When I am watching her I park her with the bars straight. When she is out of eye shot I turn the bras to the left.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts