Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I rode 125 miles one-way to eat lunch at a really good barbecue joint. I'm from Texas, so BBQ's not trivial :)

Admittedly, the ride there was for enjoyment, not straight-line, but I knew where I was ending up for lunch.
that's my standard Friday... I'm NW of Austin and don't work on Fridays so I take off for "lunch"

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
We do a chicken run here to Sweetwater, Texas, Allen's Home Style Cooking. It's about a 280 mile round trip ride for me. This place has been around I think since the 50's. Here's a YouTube clip on the place.
Oh my. That looks like it'd be worth the 4-ish hours it'd take me to ride there :)

I've been through Sweetwater a time or two. Love the town name on that huge windmill blade.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think I would ride a few hours one way for some great fried chicken. 😄

·
Registered
347 Posts
60 miles one-way for a couple potatoes. A mile-and-a-half from home at the intersection in town . . . could have gone less than 0.10 of a mile to the right to the local store. Thought for a few seconds; should I go right or should I go left . . . it was all up to me to decide. I went left. A few hours later . . . the wifeunit says where in the hell were you? I said; you sent me to the store . . . you didn't say which one! :cool:

·
Registered
340 Posts
i would say a total of a lil over 350 for lunch with myself. i do like myself that much.

·
Registered
280 Posts
3600 miles on a Suzuki GS 550L, and less than 200 bucks cash, for nookie. Thats as trivial as it can get.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I would question the assesment of "nookie" as "trivial". :cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
150 miles to get the best Maple Latte in the world at Ungrounded Coffee Roasters in S. Londondarry, VT :)

but damn it!! @roboots21 lives a lot closer :frown
This was exactly what came to my mind when I read this thread title.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts