Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member but don't own a victory yet and my name is Chip. I'm actually here to get insights, opinions and advice. I'm currently interested in 2 bikes, one is the 2013 Vic Judge, the other is a 2014 HD Fat Bob. I like Harley's, had a Sportster Hugger 883 back in 2001 and loved it, however I really like the look of the 2013 Judge, it's very cool. Understand I've not ridden either bike and I recently purchased a Yamaha FZ-09 that I despise. So I'm not interested in another Jap like HD wanna be if that's what the Judge is. I know it's American made, but i loved the visceral experience I got from my HD. How does the judge compare to the Fat Bob? All insight appreciated, but try to be more explicit than Just saying one or the other is better.

Thanks,
Chip

·
Premium Member
8,945 Posts
I'm a new member but don't own a victory yet and my name is Chip. I'm actually here to get insights, opinions and advice. I'm currently interested in 2 bikes, one is the 2013 Vic Judge, the other is a 2014 HD Fat Bob. I like Harley's, had a Sportster Hugger 883 back in 2001 and loved it, however I really like the look of the 2013 Judge, it's very cool. Understand I've not ridden either bike and I recently purchased a Yamaha FZ-09 that I despise. So I'm not interested in another Jap like HD wanna be if that's what the Judge is. I know it's American made, but i loved the visceral experience I got from my HD. How does the judge compare to the Fat Bob? All insight appreciated, but try to be more explicit than Just saying one or the other is better.

Thanks,
Chip
Welcome Chip, welcome to the Victory forum,
As to how the Judge compares to a Fat Bob , honestly I wouldn't know.
I do know I put 600 miles on a 2013 Judge over Aussie roads over two days.
It certainly wasn't lacking in power, speed, handling, braking, feedback from the bike was excellent.
There's more to it though, that's difficult to put into words.
It's a feeling,
Ride one...preferably with pipes so she breathes properly....and you tell me what you think...how they compare.
I'd be very interested to know your opinion.
I rode a Black one :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
On Youtube, go to Victory vs Harley. Its a series of 3 or 4 videos comparing the two engines.
Maintenance is a lot easier with a Victory. Just one oil drain plug, for starters.
Half hour belt change.
More suspension travel.
Cheap and easy engine mods.
You'll be able to find your bike in a crowd.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome from the peoples Republic .... cheers

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Hey Mags...I live the People's Republic of Portland, Oregon. Are you trying to steal our thunder? We spent $130 million for a new bridge over the Columbia River and not one shovel of dirt was lifted before it was cancelled. We spent $250 million for Oregon's version of the ACA and it failed so badly that no one was able to sign up on line. Now we have to spend another $5 million to hook up with the fed's ACA. We top the nation for food stamp recipients and hungry kids. We have no money left to fix our roads, so they want to hit up home owners $12 to $18 a month for road improvements. We pay more for water than Phoenix, AZ, yet we are awash in the stuff. We listen to junk science enviro-nuts and shut down our #1 industry, logging, cuz of a bird they say is endangered. Turns out its not. I could go on, but my tummy hurts now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts