Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, while dirtdobber was "getting me right" on a recent post on vic technology vids...he mentioned that a wing as a 60-80 5th roll on of 2.8s...well i just tried my XC and i swear i counted 4...(mississippi)...dang.

i am gonna do my honda tomorrow and it better be 5 mississippi....

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Counting seconds at full throttle just can't be an accurate measurement... The adrenaline will have you say "Mississippi" in 0.25 seconds :ltr:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Wing vs. XR

well, while dirtdobber was "getting me right" on a recent post on vic technology vids...he mentioned that a wing as a 60-80 5th roll on of 2.8s...well i just tried my XC and i swear i counted 4...(mississippi)...dang.

i am gonna do my honda tomorrow and it better be 5 mississippi....
Since my wife owns the XR and I ride a GW, I can tell you that a Wing does just a little better in the acceleration at speed category. From a rolling start the GW will smoke the XR but is should because it has more HP and cylinders to get the job done. Neither bike has a problem passing a car quickly.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:ROTFLMAO!!

Sometimes I just don't get it.

When I first saw this thread I thought you were talking about what your Tool Roll was mounted on!! Then Kevin chimed in and I realized you were talking about acceleration!:ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
528 Posts
My XC does 60-80 mph roll on is 4.1 seconds
My Gl1800 60-80mph roll on is 3 seconds.
This was done a few minutes apart on the same highway.
It was not professionally done. I did because of a few posts stating the freedom 106 produces more Torque than the GW.

Neither bike are designed to be race bikes they are just cool looking/riding bikes.

The XC has more than enough power to pass anything it just will not do it like the wing does.
The gl1800 will get you in a bind when passing. It's that quick.

All this is examples of a stock configurations and was only done to please me no one else or is it facts to write home about.

It would be interesting to me to have a XC and my GW compared to see the real difference but nothing more. No bragging rights, just having fun.
Torque will get you there but HP will keep it there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A little slow today?

:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:ROTFLMAO!!

Sometimes I just don't get it.

When I first saw this thread I thought you were talking about what your Tool Roll was mounted on!! Then Kevin chimed in and I realized you were talking about acceleration!:ltr::ltr::ltr:
You feeling a little slow today? LOL:ltr:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
well..while i can't match the point somethings...i have made every effort to calibrate my mississippi-s...and i do seem to match dd's 4s
Then you're a cold blooded, ice man rider! cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts