Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

what's your roll on

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  diamondrmp 
#1 ·
well, while dirtdobber was "getting me right" on a recent post on vic technology vids...he mentioned that a wing as a 60-80 5th roll on of 2.8s...well i just tried my XC and i swear i counted 4...(mississippi)...dang.

i am gonna do my honda tomorrow and it better be 5 mississippi....

#3 ·
Counting seconds at full throttle just can't be an accurate measurement... The adrenaline will have you say "Mississippi" in 0.25 seconds :ltr:

#4 ·
Wing vs. XR

Since my wife owns the XR and I ride a GW, I can tell you that a Wing does just a little better in the acceleration at speed category. From a rolling start the GW will smoke the XR but is should because it has more HP and cylinders to get the job done. Neither bike has a problem passing a car quickly.

#6 ·
My XC does 60-80 mph roll on is 4.1 seconds
My Gl1800 60-80mph roll on is 3 seconds.
This was done a few minutes apart on the same highway.
It was not professionally done. I did because of a few posts stating the freedom 106 produces more Torque than the GW.

Neither bike are designed to be race bikes they are just cool looking/riding bikes.

The XC has more than enough power to pass anything it just will not do it like the wing does.
The gl1800 will get you in a bind when passing. It's that quick.

All this is examples of a stock configurations and was only done to please me no one else or is it facts to write home about.

It would be interesting to me to have a XC and my GW compared to see the real difference but nothing more. No bragging rights, just having fun.
Torque will get you there but HP will keep it there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.