Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My scoot only has 1200 miles on her and I heard a nice coming from the rear so went to the dealer and they test rode it and said it might be the wheel bearing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Like I said above only 1200 miles on it.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my XC but have heard of a few bad bearings on several brands of motorcycles. I assume they are going to fix it under warranty? I would ask them to check the spacers while they have it apart too. If you have a spacer that is too long and slipped through QC, you'll have another set of bad bearings in short order. I'm assuming they have micrometers in their shop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the bearing or at least I don't hear that noise anymore.

Now before I get people excited, this is what I was told. The bearing that was replaced was from China and the ones that Victory normally uses is from Japan. Dealer doesn't know WHY this one was from China.

I know they say that they are US made but are they? Or are they assembled in the US?? Am aware that a lot of parts may come from other countries, just like some part on HD are from Japan or other counties.

·
Super Moderator
4,989 Posts

Now before I get people excited, this is what I was told. The bearing that was replaced was from China and the ones that Victory normally uses is from Japan. Dealer doesn't know WHY this one was from China.

I know they say that they are US made but are they? Or are they assembled in the US?? Am aware that a lot of parts may come from other countries, just like some part on HD are from Japan or other counties.
Just like cars and trucks it's a world market.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Unless Vic specs out a certain manufacturer they are probably going with the cheapest bid or I should say their supplier. It was Japan before, China this time, and maybe India next time. Polaris does spec out many manufacturers on certain parts but bearings obviously aren't one of them with the issues they have been having.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After replacing wheel bearing and tighten the belt, I STILL have a howling somewhere in the rear.

Has anyone else had this notice????

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
could be the belt not properly tensioned

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
is it tire noise by chance?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts