Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a way to store my bike in the garage standing up straight. My garage is just barely big enough for our car and truck and leaning on the kick stand makes parking pretty challenging. I have some scrap wood enough to build something but cant seem to find any sort of plans. Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I am looking for a way to store my bike in the garage standing up straight. My garage is just barely big enough for our car and truck and leaning on the kick stand makes parking pretty challenging. I have some scrap wood enough to build something but cant seem to find any sort of plans. Ideas?
I bought a WheelDock at Americade and I use it every day. Used it to changed a rear tire and stable.

WheelDock Motorcycle Wheel Chock - EZ Up Center Stand

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Four words Phil; Harbor Freight tool Company. Snip a coupon for a $39 chock and head to your nearest one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks like a steel frame bike. I built one for my Kawi. Two 2x6 and galvanized pipe. Custom handle!

Attachments

Reactions: gdfishwell

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I use one of these motorcycle scissor jacks that are available anywhere.
I took off the black stands and put a piece of thin plywood on top so as to not have metal on metal.
Been using it on my 2014 XCT for 2 winters now to save space in my garage.

Attachments

·
13,251 Posts
look on craigslist always seems to be one or two there

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Looks like a steel frame bike. I built one for my Kawi. Two 2x6 and galvanized pipe. Custom handle!
Brilliant in Simplicity!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Like broggyr, I bought a WheelDock. Bought it about a year ago, and use it all the time, i.e., not just for maintenance or over the winter. If you're interested, I wrote a review of it for webBikeWorld: Wheeldock Review - webBikeWorld

Since those first few days, I ride into the chock every time I park the bike in the garage, i.e., I don't push it in, the way that I show in the video in that review. It would be a tiny bit easier just to put the bike on the sidestand when I'm done for the day, but I've gotten used to the space-savings, all the time, in the garage, with the bike straight up.

OTOH, if you want to make something, and you have a steel-frame bike (right?), tang56's version of what some commercial outfits sell looks like a potential solution (but don't trip over the handle on the floor).

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've been trying to figure out how to raise my wheels for maintenance. That should work great. Thanks!:grin

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up the Harbor Freight 39 dollar chock. I guess I thought a wheel chock held your bike straight up but mine slides in the chock so I made a platform for the kick stand and the other side is near a wall. Tried the chock before I mounted it to some plywood. When I went to take the bike off the chock rolled with the wheel. Thank god it went under the fender and didn't cause any damage though you could here it metal against metal (shudder).

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I put a piece of 2X4 under the sidestand and the bike is almost vertical, but not quite.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I put a piece of 2X4 under the sidestand and the bike is almost vertical, but not quite.
Same, but I kicked the car out to the driveway a while ago so the bike is happier.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same, but I kicked the car out to the driveway a while ago so the bike is happier.
Tried this with my truck and my wife wouldn't have it. She said were not leaving a 20K+ truck outside for the bike. Room was made and they all fit. Now to get the rest of the wood in for winter. This will be a challenge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts