Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that might need to trailer their Cross Country on occasion
(maybe a broken leg or something)? which brand wheel chock works best at clearing the low front fender and brake rotors? I found the notice about the Harbor Freight wheel chock hitting, and it is correct. My road star loaded fine but the CC will not.

·
Registered
567 Posts
(maybe a broken leg or something)? which brand wheel chock works best at clearing the low front fender and brake rotors? I found the notice about the Harbor Freight wheel chock hitting, and it is correct. My road star loaded fine but the CC will not.
Harbor Freight makes more than one model of the Wheel chock....I got one for my trailer....comes in handy for my Harley friends.....LOL....:ltr:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would get a Condor. I had the Harbor freight and didn't care for it at all. I use them to drive the bike into to hold it upright in the garage. You can find it cheaper if you shop around.

http://store.condor-lift.com/

·
Registered
69 Posts

What exactly interferes on the wheel chock. I have the HF chock on my trailer. I can see where the locking device at the bottom might hit the bottom of the fender when it flips up. Is that the issue?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ive got a Baxley LA Chock (not the sport) that Ive used with my other bikes. Just put the XC on it to see how it fits. No problem. The cradle that the bottom of the tire rolls onto, it just clears the back of the front wheel fender and stays there. Does not touch the fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Heres another pic... I cant figure out how to reduce the file size of the pic on my mac...

Looks like its touching but theres room between the cradle and fender

If I did not have a wheel chock yet, I would buy the Condor. Cheaper and if you look on their website, a variety of mounting options for your trailer. I have the e-track on my trailer, and would use that if I had a condor. However, the baxley is very good and sturdy. Since I've already got it...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, exactly where mine hits, except mine forces the fender apart and the brake rotor hits on one side. probably get a wheeldock or condor

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes, exactly where mine hits, except mine forces the fender apart and the brake rotor hits on one side. probably get a wheeldock or condor
So if you remove the swivel piece, the rest of the chock still works, right?

I need the front part to keep the bike from moving forward on my trailer. I can easily remove the swivel and go without it.

I'm picking up my new bike next week and need to be prepared.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, if you remove the swivel piece I think it will still work as a stop, but not to clamp or hold the bike up. The brake rotor on mine still hits though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts