Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
The problem with the weights is a vender issue. Because of international sales Vic had to change the material. They sourced the weights from a company that cheesed it with the adhesive and it did not turn up as a percieved issue till there were a bunch of bikes on the street. If you replace the weights with new ones[lead is best] they will stay

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok..

the weights do have adhesive pads on the bottom...the bike rides fine ... but it looks like this is how it will be until the stock tires go....

it really weird though....they fall off in the garage...

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Lost mine too! Dealer put beads in at no cost. I rode the bike to the dealer with no weights and had no problems and I noticed no difference after the beads were installed. When I need new tires I will stand there and watch them spin the tires without beads and then with and see what the computer thinks of them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lost mine too! Dealer put beads in at no cost. I rode the bike to the dealer with no weights and had no problems and I noticed no difference after the beads were installed. When I need new tires I will stand there and watch them spin the tires without beads and then with and see what the computer thinks of them.
howdy
that is about my plan...to try beads when tire time comes round or a problem, develops...so i reckon we'll see

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
howdy
that is about my plan...to try beads when tire time comes round or a problem, develops...so i reckon we'll see
I have them in stock when your ready to try them.thumb up

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wheel Weights

I thought I was the only one who experienced the garage weight drop.
I've lost two sets and can't identify where they were originally attached. They mainly suck.:mad:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought I was the only one who experienced the garage weight drop.
I've lost two sets and can't identify where they were originally attached. They mainly suck.:mad:
howdy

i agree... really CS if you know what i'm saying... mine left the adhesive pad...so i glued the fronts back on... then a set from the rear dropped off...now days i just ignore it...the bike rides fine, all speeds...

and in fact i am just about to check it again... couple hundred miles up to the rim-country...top of the line ride...

SSU
GT

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
The rear weights on my Cross Roads drop off too. Fortunately in the garage and in the street in front of my house. I removed the old adhesive, rubbed the weights on a file until flat, cleaned 'em and the rim with alcohol, and stuck 'em down using fresh double sided tape. So far, so good.
RICZ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noticed while cleaning this morning that my wheel weights on the back wheel are falling off, some are missing and others are loose. This looks like a very sorry method of attaching weights. Will the dealer make this good? Are Dyna beads the way to go? Is is worth even worrying about since it is obvious some weights have fallen off and I can not tell the difference. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine started falling off before 500m...i would find them in the garage...no difference in handling (90+) but i put them back on anyway...seems they (just a couple) would leave a paper like layer when the dropped....the weights were still a bit sticky...so a added a drop of gorilla glue...i reckon we'll what the shop does at my tire change ...in about 2k i reckon...

·
Registered
472 Posts
That is funny cause I have three of six off my front. All of which fell off in the garage! I thought wtf, I thought for sure if they were going to come off it would be at speed and they would tear something up...

·
Registered
20 Posts
The 3M double-sided foam tape works great. Had the same problem and haven't had any since.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Centramatic wheel balancer

I just rolled the bike off the stand tonight and what do you know, they laid a pair of wheel weights. I have been looking at a set of Centramatic wheel balancers for the Goldwing so I decided to see if they werre available for the CC. I emailed them to see if they had a wheel balancer for the Victory. The response I received was very quick and they said they are working on them. The Goldwing forums rave about them and the extra mileage they get from their tire. When they come out I may order a set. Meanwhile dynabeads just might have to do for now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts