Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renegade wheels are all on and turned out quite nice with the 280 Metz on the rear and 21" on front. Very happy with it. Also has Platinum air ride, Burleigh roller bars and Bassani road rage.

I remember a couple years ago the Bassani and stage 1 felt so awesome.

Now not so much. Ordered Torque tubes and under drive pulley followed by Maximus tune to the rescue!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
S
U
P
E
R

Good looking bike, keep us posted on that Maximus tuner "butt" DYNO results

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Ya that's the only problem is no Dyno only butt Dyno lol. Can't beat getting it done in your own garage and reviews of 801's maximus tune are great even Rylan of the Vic shop was impressed with results of 801 remote tune and ease of process and they have a Dyno to work with too.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Thanks guys! Ya that's the only problem is no Dyno only butt Dyno lol. Can't beat getting it done in your own garage and reviews of 801's maximus tune are great even Rylan of the Vic shop was impressed with results of 801 remote tune and ease of process and they have a Dyno to work with too.
Yeah... No DYNO here also, that's why I like to know the feel before & after...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
@CraaagV Great bike!
I see you have Burleigh Bars ,same Roller Bars as me except in black.
Burleigh Bars are ten minutes up the road from me and tbe business is run/owned by a mate, the bars are the best and I got a great deal.
Just wondering why you chose Burleigh Bars over the rest as they aint cheap?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
@CraaagV .....luv the all black look thumb up but your Hammer is just begging for cams to go with the torque tubes and tuner....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@CraaagV .....luv the all black look thumb up but your Hammer is just begging for cams to go with the torque tubes and tuner....
I know but I think I'll be satisfied with underdrive pulley alone..and just out of cash for now lol

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@CraaagV Great bike!
I see you have Burleigh Bars ,same Roller Bars as me except in black.
Burleigh Bars are ten minutes up the road from me and tbe business is run/owned by a mate, the bars are the best and I got a great deal.
Just wondering why you chose Burleigh Bars over the rest as they aint cheap?
When I saw that I could get them 1 3/4" I was sold. Was having trouble finding anything bigger than 1 1/4" over here. Anything 1 1/2" was chrome I'd have to powdercoat or was for Harley.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I know but I think I'll be satisfied with underdrive pulley alone..and just out of cash for now lol

Too bad....the UD pulley and VM1-DR cams are a nasty combination.

Edit: I just had a thought... why don't you get the cams for this upgrade instead of the UD pulley, that way you can get all the tuning required parts in and only have to tune once. Then you can save up for the UD pulley which won't require any re-tuning.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too bad....the UD pulley and VM1-DR cams are a nasty combination.

Edit: I just had a thought... why don't you get the cams for this upgrade instead of the UD pulley, that way you can get all the tuning required parts in and only have to tune once. Then you can save up for the UD pulley which won't require any re-tuning.
That's a good idea and i went back and forth with it but a friend talked me into the UD he was so impressed with it. He has 116 and everyhing and said the UD was the most impressive upgrade. I hesitate on the cams as I'm contemplating just saving up for either 116 or supercharger? Either is overkill for what I need but sure would be nice.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
That's a good idea and i went back and forth with it but a friend talked me into the UD he was so impressed with it. He has 116 and everyhing and said the UD was the most impressive upgrade. I hesitate on the cams as I'm contemplating just saving up for either 116 or supercharger? Either is overkill for what I need but sure would be nice.

Gotta love Overkill!
116 + Cams. + Blower would be a nice combo.
Im tempted to go underdrive as sixth is rarely used.
If I'm in sixth I'm risking my license and freedom.
Also underdrive will allow me to go to a Buell belt.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
With my XC, I was running a stage 1 with the Lloydz AF, ATS+3, Tri-Oval, de-catted exhaust and a PC-V. This dyno'd at 91hp / 111tq which I was pretty happy with. This summer I added Lloydz VM1-DR cams on the re-tune(same tuner and dyno) it dialed up to 112hp / 113tq ....Let me tell you 21hp is VERY noticeable and I have power all the way to 5500rpms no flattening out, it just keeps on pulling :) On top of this, I feel no loss of performance in the lower revs, even on the stock pulley driving a big ol' Cross Country if I throttle up even down as low as 2300rpms she just jumps to life.

·
Registered
426 Posts

I am looking at the Big Built too, was a little disappointed that Aerocharger stopped making their stuff for Vic when I looked last week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With my XC, I was running a stage 1 with the Lloydz AF, ATS+3, Tri-Oval, de-catted exhaust and a PC-V. This dyno'd at 91hp / 111tq which I was pretty happy with. This summer I added Lloydz VM1-DR cams on the re-tune(same tuner and dyno) it dialed up to 112hp / 113tq ....Let me tell you 21hp is VERY noticeable and I have power all the way to 5500rpms no flattening out, it just keeps on pulling :) On top of this, I feel no loss of performance in the lower revs, even on the stock pulley driving a big ol' Cross Country if I throttle up even down as low as 2300rpms she just jumps to life.
21 hp! That's awesome. Definitely gives me something to look forward to in the future then just sucks about having to get a second tune then.

A guy I know had Lloyds do his bike and Lloyd advised him not to do cams for his riding style. He has KP and does 2 up. Torque tubes and all the other stuff sans the cams netted 97 hp and 113 or so tq. That's a big jump from stock no cams, I think on the steel frames the jump from there is usually 12-15 hp more from cams? Hoping I'll be happy for a while.

Have any of you installed cams? I'm confident I could follow along with the manual but if you have to pull engine out to do it I don't even want to go there lol.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
21 hp! That's awesome. Definitely gives me something to look forward to in the future then just sucks about having to get a second tune then.

A guy I know had Lloyds do his bike and Lloyd advised him not to do cams for his riding style. He has KP and does 2 up. Torque tubes and all the other stuff sans the cams netted 97 hp and 113 or so tq. That's a big jump from stock no cams, I think on the steel frames the jump from there is usually 12-15 hp more from cams? Hoping I'll be happy for a while.

Have any of you installed cams? I'm confident I could follow along with the manual but if you have to pull engine out to do it I don't even want to go there lol.

Sounds a bit right for a non-cammed Pin. With is a different story...

Mine is hovering 122, another friend has a vegas running 121. I average between 43-48 mpg depending on the ride. Its gone as low as 41 in more spirited city running.

No don't need to pull the engine. Drop the rear down and keep it propped enough to get the cover off and slide it out. Little tight but the drop in cams make it a lot easier.

I was gonna do the cam install myself last Winter but he dealer had a special going for 450 bucks. I bought the cams in. To me in February, it was worth the cash. But it can be done with the engine in, thats how they did it, and how the other tuners do it. Its about what the tuners bill as well for the labor. If the weather had been warmer I'd have done it myself. Just keep an eye on the timing when you do it is all. But looking at the time it would have probably run me about 7-9 hours myself so the cost was worth it and no bashed knuckles and countless cuss words.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts