Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Here's hoping this story goes viral and puts drivers on notice that if they kill a motorcyclist, the same will happen to them. Except here in Oregon where you get a participation trophy for that.

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Hope the family sues her homeless when she gets out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If that were my brother that this POS killed I would be waiting for her when she got out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Good. These people don't know or even CARE what can happen to a biker when they drive like idiots.

My buddy and I about 15 years ago were riding once, he had a HD springer. Some huge Benz was tailgating us by a foot in the left lane, we couldn't pull to the other lane due to traffic. Couldn't go forward because of cars in front of us.

The more we waved this idiot back the worse he got almost bumping us a couple times...and this was 20 over the limit. No matter what we tried this asshat was not gonna stop. Didn't want to pull a gun because it may have freaked other drivers out and caused more problems.

I keep a handful of pennies on me for such idiots, my buddy does as well and chews tobacco. Once the lane right of us started to clear ( this is the best part of riding with someone for years...you can read each others thoughts )...we saw an opening coming in the right lane, I tossed a handful of pennies up and battered his windshield, and my buddy spit a huge stream of chew over his shoulder that covered a huge section of the windshield. Made the Benz damn near stop. We jumped over to the right lane and off into another direction, and now the Benz was stuck and couldn't get over and had to slow down with cars honking at him and cussing at him until he got the chaw sprayed off and wiped out of the newly found cracks while he saw 2 middle fingers in the air.

It didn't hurt the guy but caused enough distraction to get him off our butts and behind us so we could get away from the guy. But these days...these idiots will do about anything. Wish they would perform a mental health exam before giving out a license. Would go a long way in keeping half cocked loonies off the road.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
I use pea gravel instead of pennies - no fingerprints.

·
13,048 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing every one taking a driver road test all over again.
Am sure a lot of them would find out how sloppy of a driver they are.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing every one taking a driver road test all over again.
Am sure a lot of them would find out how sloppy of a driver they are.
Unfortunately, that won't help with anyone's road rage.

It struck me as odd while riding into work this morning - all of these people driving at break-neck speed to get to jobs that they all hate :D

·
Premium Member
13,322 Posts
It struck me as odd while riding into work this morning - all of these people driving at break-neck speed to get to jobs that they all hate :D
It always struck me as odd how everyone is in a hurry to get to work in the morning but the afternoon rush hour is generally more sedate. I guess it never occurred to people that it's okay to leave 5 or 10 minutes earlier so they don't have to rush so much.

Maybe they are just tired in the afternoon after working all day and know their cold drink will be waiting for them when they get there.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
That's exactly what I do. I need to be in for 9AM, and I am 30 minutes away by car. So, I'll leave an hour early and take the long way :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's become noticeably more dangerous being on the road at all, even in a cage. People all feel their time is most valuable, their destination most important. They're utterly inconsiderate by and large, and it's so intensely frustrating I often feel road rage coming on myself. But you have to rise above, take a breath, and remember nothing is THAT important. Not worth a life, or an injury, or a trip to jail.

I let myself get in a hurry across the Nevada desert just last week, rushing to meet my friends at McCarran. What'd I get for it? A "non-urban rural speed violation." Trooper cut me a break because I was honest with him; coulda cited me for the full 83 in a 70. Minutes before I'd been rather actively cursing some asshat in a Rogue with CA plates (7LNV358) who had cut up the closed lane in the road repair area outside Alamo and cut me off. He'd probably have gone all the way if the pilot truck hadn't blocked him. Once we cleared the construction area, he couldn't pick a damn speed, and we played leapfrog for a while even though my cruise was set at 80. I finally got bored of him and next thing you know we're racing our mid-range japanese SUVs across the nevada desert.

I lowered myself to his level. Shame on me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
that's very true. Most of the worst drivers are middle aged and older
I'd do in in a second. My biggest problems are a heavy right foot and a twitchy right hand. Other than that, I pride myself on being a generally courteous driver who uses his signals and follows at a safe distance. And understands the apparently grand mystery of the four-way stop. :|

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
that's very true. Most of the worst drivers are middle aged and older
Careful what you wish for VCC. We all age differently and if you get your way, by the time you reach retirement, they'll take away your license. I'm 80 1/2 and my riding club won't let me be road captain cuz I ride too fast for them and most are my kids' age. I do all my own wrenching too. Ask those who know me - I'm aging very gracefully and slowly. So give that "middle age and senior" thing a rest. EVERYONE should be retested every four years.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Careful what you wish for VCC. We all age differently and if you get your way, by the time you reach retirement, they'll take away your license. I'm 80 1/2 and my riding club won't let me be road captain cuz I ride too fast for them and most are my kids' age. I do all my own wrenching too. Ask those who know me - I'm aging very gracefully and slowly. So give that "middle age and senior" thing a rest. EVERYONE should be retested every four years.
Hey Ric! I've missed your wisdom during my hiatus. I shot you an email last month but never heard back. Nothing important, and have since resolved the issue for which I sought your advice. Write me and let me know how you're doing!

And I would gladly retake a driving test on a regular basis. Skills or knowledge. Or both. My sister lives in AZ and just got her lifetime license. It should be noted she's type I diabetic and her vision will deteriorate for the rest of her life. But as long as she stays in AZ she'll never have to prove she can see well enough to drive. Plus she's a crappy driver, and it'd be for everyone's good if she did.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use pea gravel instead of pennies - no fingerprints.
The porcelain ends of spark plugs. its a beautiful thing to watch their windshield spiderweb. (so I've heard):devil

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
The porcelain ends of spark plugs. its a beautiful thing to watch their windshield spiderweb. (so I've heard):devil
Down here, I've seen ball bearings being used!

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
A word of caution: you never know who may have a dash cam. I have one in my car and I've just taken to using my GoPro on every ride...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 41 Posts