Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
Got a tailgater nipping your ankles? Just make like you are throwing something. They'll back off ASAP.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
that's very true. Most of the worst drivers are middle aged and older
Careful what you wish for VCC. We all age differently and if you get your way, by the time you reach retirement, they'll take away your license. I'm 80 1/2 and my riding club won't let me be road captain cuz I ride too fast for them and most are my kids' age. I do all my own wrenching too. Ask those who know me - I'm aging very gracefully and slowly. So give that "middle age and senior" thing a rest. EVERYONE should be retested every four years.
It's to bad you can't? handle the truth and are pissed at me for speaking it. I drive enough and I go by what I see everyday.

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
It's to bad you can't? handle the truth and are pissed at me for speaking it. I drive enough and I go by what I see everyday.
And what is "the truth" as you define it VCC? I'm well into my second million miles and have driven a lot and still drive a lot and see a lot too, but each case is different. Come on out here and we'll hit PIR on a track day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
And what is "the truth" as you define it VCC? I'm well into my second million miles and have driven a lot and still drive a lot and see a lot too, but each case is different. Come on out here and we'll hit PIR on a track day.
the truth is through all of the driving I do everyday, older people are generally the worst drivers. Does that mean all older people are bad at driving, no, it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
You got it all wrong mate,
In reality it's all the youngsters txting and facebooking and doing their make up.
They're the worst but in general it's a jungle out there, a real shitfight on the roads.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
They're both dangerous in their own way. Neither one should be discounted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
742 Posts
the truth is through all of the driving I do everyday, older people are generally the worst drivers. Does that mean all older people are bad at driving, no, it doesn't.
"The truth is through all of the ______ I do everyday, ______ people are generally the worst ______. Does that mean all _____ people are bad at _____, no, it doesn't"

Insert the wrong words here and you could be committing a crime.

RICZ I will ride with you ANY DAY.

Experience!!!

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
RICZ I will ride with you ANY DAY.
And I'd like to ride with you and all the other east coasters here. I wish there was a way to spirit my bike and me out there and meet you fellows and ride your rides. I've been out there to the NE by car, but I'd like to see your NE by bike. Oh well...if wishes were fishes, the world would stink.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I wish there was a way to spirit my bike and me out there and meet you fellows and ride your rides.
There's a wish we all probably share. When I travel I often end up renting a bike, but it sure isn't MY bike, and not a Victory at all, leaving something to be desired. But I tell you what, if you visit Cape Cod you can borrow my bike - that should feel pretty familiar - and I'll hop on something else and show you the scenic routes :) Consider that an invitation.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You got it all wrong mate,
In reality it's all the youngsters txting and facebooking and doing their make up.
They're the worst but in general it's a jungle out there, a real shitfight on the roads.
I didn't say anything about them, because I think we all know they aren't the greatest drivers. We've all been there and probably did some stupid things while driving too. Doing make up? Older women do that too, all though I don't hardly ever see it. A older person talking on the phone is just as bad as a young one texting. Talking while driving takes your mind off the road.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
I didn't say anything about them, because I think we all know they aren't the greatest drivers. We've all been there and probably did some stupid things while driving too. Doing make up? Older women do that too, all though I don't hardly ever see it. A older person talking on the phone is just as bad as a young one texting. Talking while driving takes your mind off the road.
I agree.
Still waiting to hear what happened to the fruitcake bitch that ran over the top of my mate Rat, he was cruising at the legal 65mph in slow lane, she ran him down at over 100mph, dragged him and the bike several hundred yards down the road, through a culvert and back onto an onramp.
Last we heard she was remanded in custody and refused bail.

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
MBX, you get a large group of bikers together for a torch lit raid on the jailhouse and drag her out. Throw a rope over a stout tree branch and string up that fruitcake bitch. Just like in the movies.

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
I agree.
Still waiting to hear what happened to the fruitcake bitch that ran over the top of my mate Rat, he was cruising at the legal 65mph in slow lane, she ran him down at over 100mph, dragged him and the bike several hundred yards down the road, through a culvert and back onto an onramp.
Let's hope she is still in jail.... And some biker wife's are keeping her company....

RIP your mate Rat...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I agree.
that's horrible

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I agree.
Damn, that is insane! There is a special place in hell for that bitch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
Damn, that is insane! There is a special place in hell for that bitch!
Yep and we know you can relate to wanting some asshat driver hurry up and get to their assigned special cell in hell.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
All too well.. too bad I will never know who it is!

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
All too well.. too bad I will never know who it is!

Karma will seek justice....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hope she gets the full OZ treatment in prison, sounds like she deserves it.

I've stopped riding to work. The best route to the current office requires me to use a toll road for ~50 miles each way. I have had too many close calls where people aren't paying attention and nearly running me over.

About a month ago I was on my way into the office, typical traffic on the way in. During that time traffic always slows down to a crawl or even a stop in the same areas every day, if you take that route for a week, you will learn where you are going to slow down. I was in the far left lane and coming up on one of those areas, saw the brake lights ahead and started gracefully slowing down. Behind me the nearest vehicle is at least 20 to 30 car lengths away, so I keep an eye on him but not overly worried. I finally come to a stop behind stopped traffic and continue to watch this Suburban still coming. At this point he's about 10 car lengths behind me and doesn't seem to have made an effort to slow down. At this point I decide to move myself to the shoulder on my left and pass the 2 cars ahead of me, at that point I hear tires screeching and I look back to see the Suburban turned nearly 90 degrees behind the car I was just behind. Somehow he managed to stop before colliding with the car but I'm sure both drivers **** their pants. That was the final NOPE and I've been driving the car to work since.

We are moving to a different office which will be less than 10 miles from the house and I don't have to take the toll road, I fully intend on riding to work every day again.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts