Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just purchased a 2015 Gunner, I'm excited! I'm going to get some Hacker Zoomies for pipes, and am wondering if it's necessary to get the fuel controller, or just preferred? Is it more important to get the fuel controller if you upgrade the air intake? I'm just looking for some opinions on this subject. Thanks!

Nathan

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
Ride first / upgrade later ... Better for your engine, i started uphrading after 4000 km or so ...

Welcome to the site and be safe, can you post a picture after 2 posts mate !!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Good advice BP, yeah mate run her in fully then youll really appreciate the mods and with open pipes like them yeah a fuel controller.
Dont want red hot exhaust valves blowing out onto the road do we.
While yr running her in you can save up and do the zorst, intake, timing, and tuner/tune in one BIG hit!
Welcome Nathan,
Enjoy that Gunner!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
When is a fuel controller reccomended ?

Before you turn the key for the first time .;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it! I'm picking her up from the dealer tomorrow, I'll be sure to post pics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Zoomies on my Gunner, you'll love them. I got the fuel controller that Hacker pairs with the pipes. It's all pretty easy to install, connecting to the injectors is interesting but not impossible.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You only need a fuel controller if you do TWO engine changes to a bike. Air filter & Pipes = NEEDED. Timing Wheel and Air Filter = Needed. timing Wheel & Pipes = Needed. Any one of these by themselves you do not NEED a tuner. If you want to be SUPER carefull you can simply unplug the O2s and be fine.

CAMs by themselves = NEEDED

1 - 9 of 9 Posts