Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever get a PM asking a question about something you've posted about a mod or whatever so you take your time and answer in detail maybe even giving part numbers and details in great detail only to never hear back from the person?...Nada, nothing. I've had quite a few of these I guess because I like to do my own work and they want me to tell them the tips and tricks so they don't have to figure it out.

Am I the only one to finds that extremely rude? How long would it take to just recognize the effort the other person took, I know I do 100% of the time. They seek me out I don't seek them out.

Rant over.

Reactions: Tech23

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, I agree it is very rude. Are manners still being taught in schools? LOL

I put the blame on this electronic age we're in. As time goes on we will lose our one on one communication skills if not corrected.....This is already becoming prevalent with some of the youth today.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I agree it is very rude. Are manners still being taught in schools? LOL

I put the blame on this electronic age we're in. As time goes on we will lose our one on one communication skills if not corrected.....This is already becoming prevalent with some of the youth today.
Thanks for the response :grin

Agreed and yes manners are obviously not being taught it might make them feel bad.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have always tried to say at least Thank You to anyone that has given me some info or help (PM or open forum). I may miss one here or there, but try on every forum I am a member of. It is only common courtesy, which isn't so common any longer....

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree

the forums are such a great source of information -FREE! How hard is it to thank whomever has helped? But because it is so easy and free,, it is also ear to forget.
Maybe do it 'later' ...... and it never happens ;)

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Happens in the open forum as well.

A guy posts an issue he is having and people offer advice on troubleshooting the issue and fixes... The OP never even posts what ended up being the problem and what the solution was.

What sucks about that is no one learns a damned thing from the thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I see this on other forums as well... if responses or answers are never posted after the fact, the thread goes dead. And with that, the forum as a whole suffers.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yes it seems to be the case everywhere not just here. How about the ones that negotiate a deal on a part? You both come to an agreement and then you never hear from them again. Weird. The internet seems to bring them all out.

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Did I forget to answer a PM? If I did please accept my humblest apologies ;)

BTW, we need to figure out when to meet for coffee. I'd like to see the add on brake and running lights.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I once posted about people not responding as to if they fixed the problem they posted about on another forum??...

Didn't get a response...:laugh

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
yeah I get asked stuff now and then, must be cos some people think I know what I'm talking about.
I try my best to answer, some thank me some don't.
My memberships not paid so every so often I have to go back and delete all the PMs to make room for more.
Actually thinking about full membership as Victory is a heavy addiction....., and I'm hooked hopelessly for life on this new drug:laugh
Good to hear when someone actually takes advantage of the great offer of $100 of a set of Burleigh Bars that I got for us Forum members as I'm mates with the owner of the business and he too rides Victory.
Yeah manners seem to have slipped away in this age of technology for sure, simple please and thank you's are rare.
I bring my kids up with manners, they know not to open car doors onto the next car, not to put feet on seats etc.
Common courtesy is about as rare as common sense these days, it just aint 'common'

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
When I get a PM it is almost always related to a discussion that I have been involved with. Most of the time a person is having rouble digesting what was said in the forum and they want clarification or, as happened in a recent case, they are a bit insecure in carrying out a solution.
In a recent case I even gave a person my cell number so we could talk something over because it was just going to take too much typing to do it with PMs or on a forum thread. There are real people on the other end of those forum IDs and sometimes they really do need our help. If you are here to be a friend and help out, why feel put upon when you are asked to do that?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I get a PM it is almost always related to a discussion that I have been involved with. Most of the time a person is having rouble digesting what was said in the forum and they want clarification or, as happened in a recent case, they are a bit insecure in carrying out a solution.
In a recent case I even gave a person my cell number so we could talk something over because it was just going to take too much typing to do it with PMs or on a forum thread. There are real people on the other end of those forum IDs and sometimes they really do need our help. If you are here to be a friend and help out, why feel put upon when you are asked to do that?
Who said anything about put upon but you? Have you read a thing in this thread? I stated people ask for details and as it looks "we" give them just that to get zero response back, how is that put upon? Maybe "they" need to realize "they"are asking "real" people to take the time to answer a question they could at least respond back with something especially in a P.M. they are seeking me out and asking me to take my time to answer and more times than not I'm restating what's already been said. Put upon.....please.

Exactly where did that last part of your post come from? It has no relevance to anything in this discussion.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I guess it is how I read this:
"I've had quite a few of these I guess because I like to do my own work and they want me to tell them the tips and tricks so they don't have to figure it out."

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess it is how I read this:
"I've had quite a few of these I guess because I like to do my own work and they want me to tell them the tips and tricks so they don't have to figure it out."
Yes sir then bam....nothing, the point of the thread. Rude.

Oh well I'll continue answering the best I can and hopefully help someone.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My PM's hold 500 , I cant count how many times I have deleted them and had them fill up again since being a member . I have exchanged cell #'s with over 60 members here and still have them all , in addition to a hundred or more personal emails shared . I have asked many questions and had many asked of me . I will help anybody I can in the fastest manner possible , I can account for Vin being quick to answer as him and I have PM'd back and forth many times , from bikes to life issues . I too have answered some questions in great detail and this takes time , and I have had occasions of no replies also . A little courtesy goes along way .:wink

1 - 18 of 18 Posts