Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys putting your license plate? Where did you find your bracket etc..

I'd like to mount it off the swing arm but I'm having a hard time finding the part.

Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
buywitchdoctor.com has some relatively inexpensive ones mostly made out of stainless steel. MBW also makes some really nice ones that are sold on victoryonly.com as well as on some other sites. There are several threads on here that list off numerous websites that sell aftermarket parts... do some more looking and you'll probably find a few more options.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buywitchdoctor.com has some relatively inexpensive ones mostly made out of stainless steel. MBW also makes some really nice ones that are sold on victoryonly.com as well as on some other sites. There are several threads on here that list off numerous websites that sell aftermarket parts... do some more looking and you'll probably find a few more options.
Great websites man! Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are probably 100 plate threads on here. Take some time to read the threads you'll be glad you did.;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woooooow man. I cant BELIEVE that a license plate mount goes for $300. I mean holy **** batman..

Im looking for something maybe mounted above the tail light or a swing arm mount that isnt gonna rape me on price..

Any more input would be great!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did you look at the one on buywitchdoctors.com? $45 for black or stainless steel is probably the best value that you will find. Or if you're handy with working with metal you could probably DIY one for less.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm using the stock mount. I cut 2 in 2 spots and bent it back so it lay down, and checked the back piece that covered the wires

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts
look on ebay under pineda's metal custom designs (or google). They have the straigt/slanted swingarm design as well as the curved ones that come with LP Bolt Lights. I paid like $85.00 plus shipping and got it in 3 days. Overall, I am satisfied with mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
look on ebay under pineda's metal custom designs (or google). They have the straigt/slanted swingarm design as well as the curved ones that come with LP Bolt Lights. I paid like $85.00 plus shipping and got it in 3 days. Overall, I am satisfied with mine.

I found them on Google, but their webpage doesn't show products... did u have them custom make you something

·
Registered
77 Posts
I found them on Google, but their webpage doesn't show products... did u have them custom make you something
Try looking under the photo gallery towards the top of the page. Then scroll down to Victorys. I just pulled it up and they are there, tried to copy and paste link but it won't work:crzy::crzy:

·
Registered
162 Posts
There is a thread on here somwhere that was started awhile back that talks about cheap upgrades and I loaded some pics of modifyingthe stock one for more asthetic appeal like NJ8BALL. Cut the bottom off just below the turn signals, notch under the plate light and drill 2 holes. The only thing I must say is be careful when doing this I had to go in and support the bottom of the plate because when the fender went to paint the guy bent the plate and it started breaking after thousands of miles. I reenforced it with a couple of pieces of scrap metal and the only addition visually is the bolts in the bottom of the plate. Use your imagination--if it looks like you dont need it...Have fun!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked and looked. Ended up makeing one for $6.00. Just bout a 6x8 sheet of 16gauge steel. cut it with my angle grinder, drilled a few holes and done. I'll get a picture up later today.

·
Registered
36 Posts
buywitchdoctors.com is the fairest in town...believe me I have looked

·
Registered
207 Posts
Derek--on your rear lights did you mount them like that because they wouldn't bend? I was thinking of doing soemthing like this with flexible LED's for a tenth of the price of MBW rear's.:D
they bend, I just wanted a different look. This winter I'm thinking about taking that off and trimming it down to look like two fangs. I'm going to take the extra metal to the outside of each light off for sure and I may try to french the lights into the metal to look smoother.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts