Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Michelin C/T Friday and went for a ride yesterday. Feels great so far!

Dunno if anyone here has a source for these decals but I've seen them somewhere ...

2 days with a C/T and 2 pissin matches with non-believers.

First one was an employee at the shop where I had the tire installed.

Second was the shop manager at the Vic dealer.

Geeesh!

·
Registered
347 Posts
You only have to watch Yellow Wolf run The Dragon to see how safe they are.. My shop won't fit them, "bead won't fit the rim" .. :mad: .. Ass Clowns..

Going to start changing my own tires here soon, and yes, a CT will be levered onto my rear rim sooner than later.. thumb up ...need the right setup though, as these tires are pretty stout.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You only have to watch Yellow Wolf run The Dragon to see how safe they are..
I'm quite familiar with Yellow Wolf (and his vids) as I spent a fair amount of time on the Goldwing forum when I had my Wing which also had a C/T on it. In fact, I was Double-D. I did a fair amount of peg scraping with that bike and those tires and never felt any lack of confidence.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm quite familiar with Yellow Wolf (and his vids) as I spent a fair amount of time on the Goldwing forum when I had my Wing which also had a C/T on it. In fact, I was Double-D. I did a fair amount of peg scraping with that bike and those tires and never felt any lack of confidence.
On another forum, some guy posted a whole bunch of scientific mumbo-jumbo regarding beads, rims, contact patches and shapes, sidewall constructions, numbers regarding axial stresses and tire contortions and whatnot etc..

I just posted a link to that dude all-but scraping his handlebars around that stretch of road..

The scientific crap was probably true.. But.. Obviously, something is being left out of the equation.. Because ..Usually.. And in my Broad Experience.. Reality trumps science.. thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
no sticker here, but i colored the raised lettering in mine with a white paint marker

·
13,177 Posts
SilvrT
You'll find a lot of guys that don't understand the CT and your just better off walking away from them its easier on your heart.
A patch would be cool

·
Registered
383 Posts
Your bike will burst into flames and your soul will be damned when you go to the Darkside,

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good one! Hadn't seen that one before.

Over the past 4 or 5 years, I've done a lot of research on this subject and have spoken with many Darksiders. Seen a lot of videos as well as some technical info re: C/T vs MT.

I decided appx 3.5 years ago when I had my Wing to take the plunge and see for myself. A couple hundred kilometers and I was a firm believer. It's C/T all the way for me and I really don't give a rat's arse what the nay-sayers say.

Now, I will admit that using a C/T is not appropriate for a lot of bikes or riding styles but for a heavy cruiser/touring bike, it works.

·
Registered
917 Posts
IMG_20150215_155355615.jpg
This is the patch I had when I was dark side on a triumph

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts