Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Memphis, TN which is one of the highest crime cities in the US. I've previously owned sport bikes which all had lockable places for helmets. I have yet to find one on my highball. Am I just missing it? Or do cruisers just not have them. I currently hang my helmet on my handlebars (with glasses and gloves inside) but I worry about it getting stolen if I'm not in full view of my bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Do you have crash bars? If you do, any MC accessory place will have keyed helmet locks that clamp on with security screws. Be sure you get ones for your bar diameter.

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
I have seem those mounted to frames. You might need one of those T shaped helmet lock extenders.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Locked in my trunk, with my Scorpio Alarm on........thumb up

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Usually on my head.

Plenty of places sell cable locks. either get one with a combination lock or a keyed one. FF work best with these, but the lock shackle can be run through the D rings.

·
Registered
855 Posts
on my seat if they want it they can have it i" ll just tell the cop that someone stole it and i had no choice but to ride my bike without a helmet

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
on my seat if they want it they can have it i" ll just tell the cop that someone stole it and i had no choice but to ride my bike without a helmet
Living in a lid free state, a used helmet is about as likely to get stolen as a pair of stinky old sneakers.

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Has anyone actually had a helmet stolen?

m
Some years ago, a friend stopped by house, parked on the sidewalk and left his helmet on the seat. When he returned to his bike the helmet was gone...stolen. I had an old helmet that I didn't have the heart to throw away and gave it to him. Does that answer your question?
I just bought a Shoei Neotec - not cheap - and that baby gets locked up good or I take it with me.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My head. Just kidding. I usually just hang it on the bars. Stealing a helmet is grounds to get killed so haven't ever has one lost or stolen

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a Vegas 8 Ball 2013...ordered an after market helmet lock black from the dealer ($30). I mounted on the black side rail below the seat, shifter side. Drilled two holes and installed with two black bolts...works great and out of the way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I put mine over the Passenger backrest and use a combo retractable wire lock. It probably only stops some punk from grabbing it just to be malicious , because it would take a little effort. If somebody really wanted it I guess they will take it.

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
There are bar end locks, check 'em out. Some look really nice.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts