Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says pretty much what I wanted to know. Now that I have this awesome bike where do you put the little things you have to carry on the bike? Thought of buying a stash tube but they are a little spendy so I am asking the good folk here for suggestions.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats where it's at now I don't to keep it there or have to remember to grab it when I want to ride the bike. I would prefer to keep it on the bike that way it's always there.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The title says pretty much what I wanted to know. Now that I have this awesome bike where do you put the little things you have to carry on the bike? Thought of buying a stash tube but they are a little spendy so I am asking the good folk here for suggestions.

If you have a tool bag, you could put your MC related documents in a zip-lock baggie and keep them in the bag. As for the tool bag's expense, they can be had for a little over $30:
http://www.foxcreekleather.com/luggage_toolbags...and Fox Creek's products are made here in America. thumb up

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Never, never, never keep an insurance card and registration on/in a vehicle. Put them in your wallet. If a vehicle gets stolen, what's the perp going to show if pulled over? Get the picture? While on the subject of wallets; Never, never, never sit on yours. Ask any Chiropractor or Orthopedic Surgeon why. And do you REALLY need everything you've stuffed into it? OK, lecture over. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems the wallet is the popular choice here but since I'm not supposed to sit on one that poses the question of where to keep the wallet and wasn't wanting to put a tool roll or anything like the lines of the bike to much guess I will be looking into a mesh riding jacket for summer then and just keep it there.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Seems the wallet is the popular choice here but since I'm not supposed to sit on one that poses the question of where to keep the wallet and wasn't wanting to put a tool roll or anything like the lines of the bike to much guess I will be looking into a mesh riding jacket for summer then and just keep it there.
Mesh jacket - great choice on many levels. Good thinking IMO.thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Guys, guys, guys!!!

Why are you making this so difficult? :) :ltr:

Here's your answer right here!!
The Grifter License Plate Storage Box

I have owned these for a very long time... And ZERO issues and waterproof!!! I bought 10 of them and gave them to members on my website as gifts... All of them but one was put on their bike. They work well for storing copies of your registration, drivers license, insurance papers and even extra money!!!

Here's a link. It will be the $20 bucks you spent in awhile. Install it, then fogettaboutit!!! thumb up

http://lockitt.com/Lockitt/product/ACII1001.html

And here's a YouTube link:

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
On my jackpot, there is no real place to keep that stuff except in my wallet. I have it taped in a ziplock bag under the right side cover.

Sent from my nifty phone!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Greg...ABSOLUTELY. Oh, and by the way, I also run an Arkansas Biker Website (for the past 7 years) if you're interested in some rides, meals and gatherings. Right now we're a little slow, but as it gets warmer... the site is more active. Now it ain't dead by any means, but in about a month...it'll start hopping.

The link is in my signature below here. You do have to register, but I also have ZERO spam on my website (it's free and no ads)...but does not take away anything from other BIKE SPECIFIC websites.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May have to get on the computer my phone isn't showing the link. Did you at one time ride a 1300 vtx and attend any bike nights in Cabot? If so it would have been a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I had a VTX1300 from 2004 until 2009 and bought a Venture and had it until 2011 and then bought Cross Country Tour...best bike ever.

Here's the link: http://www.arkansasbiker.net

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got it that time. It was probably somewhere in the '07 time frame. I was riding a '00 model 750 shadow ace with a custom orange and white paint job has a silver tribal graphic separating the orange and white.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Inside breast pocket inside the little green fold inside a ziplock. I'm not sure how it is everywhere else. But cops dont like when you get off your bike, although I like the idea of the grifter, it would be kind of impractical in that sense. Still want one.

Problem with keeping it in your jacket is if you decide to wear another jacket. I have forgotten to swap them several times...luckily none lined up with a cop pulling me over.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts