Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably missing something, but you don't know what you don't know so I'm reaching out to anyone who has TWO dongles plugged in and operational.

I've got the first one and it works fine with my SMH-10 headset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Max

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
You'll need a Double Dongle wiring harness. It plugs into the original Dongle jumper wire and has a second receptacle for the second Sena Dongle. I'll look for my Sena installation instructions when I get home and email them to you.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Save your money. You dont need the second dongle. Just do the music share thing with your headset. I have more problems getting the one dongle to connect to my SMH 10. I only have the one dongle and when I get it to connect to my headset the share thing works fine. I honestly dont even know why they made the dual thing.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
The second dongle is so the passenger can pair their phone independant of the riders phone. In practice, the rider and the passenger can each use their phone independently of each other. My dongle is paired to my helmet and my wife's dongle is paired to her helmet. She can listen (or not) to my audio source, her music or whatever and I can listen (or not) to whatever I want to listen to.

One dongle - both helmets listen to the riders audio source; phone call, iPod etc.

Two dongles - both helmets can select their own audio source. For instance, if my wife receives a phone call while we're riding. I can continue with my selected audio source and not have to listen to her call. And vise versa.

The system actually works quite well. It's a bit old technology by today's standards but it was forward thinking at the time it was made available for the Cross bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Save your money. You dont need the second dongle. Just do the music share thing with your headset. I have more problems getting the one dongle to connect to my SMH 10. I only have the one dongle and when I get it to connect to my headset the share thing works fine. I honestly dont even know why they made the dual thing.
To properly pair the helmet SMH10 to your Sena dongle, turn on the SMH10 in the helmet, confirm it connects and THEN turn on and start the bike. It works much better that way. I answered the second dongle issue in my previous post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts