Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided on 1" or at most 1.5" lowering links, searched the do's and dont's with the harness and so on.

I am in the UK so no dealers sell them here, any advice on who to buy from and what makes appreciated, also if anyone knows who ships to the UK?

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a US company called victoryonly.com and they ship to the UK - Anyone confirm the kits there are good?

thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok - bike lift ordered, lowering links ordered -

I have looked at the harness but the strut is tight to the fender so I don't see how to attach the harness to it.

The Vegas fender is narrow and relocating the harness to the side looks just as vulnerable, any help appreciated???

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok after some more research I was right, you cant tuck the Vegas harness to the strut, no clearance. Witchdoctor sells a fender liner to cover the harness, it is cheap if you are the US! Not for us though....:mad:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You don't have to tuck it just pull it to the side and zip tie it. I've done this to countless Kingpins and Vegas'.

What you are trying to do is keep the wheel from snagging it if you bottom out. Zip tie it to the side fender rails and you will be ok. The only thing required is time and zip ties.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Diamond,
I cant seem to find a space around the rail to zip tie to - it is snug to the fender?

thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to be going on about this one - is that the two bolts on the outer fender rail?

thanks

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Its better to go on about it and get it right then mess something up.

You have to remove the fender RAIL. Thats on the outside of the fender then the two bolts that bolt the fender to the fender FRAME. Do not take the fender off just lift it up then you can see the fender FRAME and you'll understand what to do next.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts