Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Good thinkin' Johnny!...now lets vote it STICKY!

·
13,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this should be at the top of the page for more to find

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Originally posted by Rylan Voss on another forum. Do you really want to pin it?

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
yeah lets pin it!....just found that the plastic elbow that comes out of my rear brake master cylinder (held in by a circlip of course) and connects to rubber hose from reservoir is not a seperate part !!!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
VICTORY PARTS!!!! gotta buy a whole *%#$$$ing master cylinder!
that sucks!
gonna try Aralditing mine after a stick flung up by the front wheel snapped mine (not that I had any rear brakes anyway cos I cant buy a rear caliper seal kit!!!!)
Great bikes but they screw you anally on fkn parts!!! if ya can get em!

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
fuggggit Im off for a ride!...front still works

·
13,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great one person found his help maybe more will now

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Sort of a help anyway!
Told me I had to repair the broken part or fork out Aussie $$$$ for a complete master cylinder!
Yeah VJ. In all fairness it was helpful.
I mixed up araldite and glued the plastic elbow then when it set I got some epoxy radiator and fuel tank repair putty and went over my repair. WAY TOO MUCH!
Then had to file and razor clearance for the circlip and then paint the epoxy putty black and replace the little black circular cover with Silastic form a gasket.
A bit of friggin around but it seems to work :)
I could tell you more but its in the wrong thread....need to find my rear brake loss saga and post there, I will say tho its looking good and bled up nicely, almost time for a test ride :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have no friggin idea what araldite is but it fits fine with the whole rant. Great rant too.

Axially, that right there is proper motorcycle repair, not that baloney they teach at AMI.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Araldite is a high strength 2 part epoxy adhesive, must have another name there if youve not heard of it.
So far so good, rear brake working nicely with no leaks, just stopped at Kirra beach pub for rissoles and mash n onion gravy, suns come back out so further testing is in order I reckon :)
Stay tuned for a full report in my relevant thread.
Bottom line is Victory dont sell rebuild kits for rear calipers and if they did they'd cost a fortune!
Brembo 1 1/16" thats inch and a sixteenth seals fit and are a better seal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts