Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of people on here have either 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 component speakers in their fairing, I am looking at some ideas/pictures of how you mounted the tweeter. I don't want to cut a hole in the grille cover, just for the reason of the speakers I have are not water resistant, so I want to have them mounted inside to help a little from getting rained on. I will be putting in Kicker KSS65's.

·
Registered
181 Posts
wow that's a tough one seeing youre not wanting to modify the grilles. youre gonna have to make a bracket and probly use the screws to inner and front fairing as mounts.
if I was you id mount them in the grilles and just use quick disconnects for the tweeter so when washing the bike and what not you could easily remove them.
either way good luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good idea about the quick disconnects, and I was thinking of making some sort of cover, ie a cut plastic bag, that I could put over the grill if I am at work or somewhere and the bike will get rained on. I know that I have seen some pictures on one of the million threads about amps/speakers of people making their own brackets, but I can't find them anymore.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JBB6811. I was kind of think that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, speakers are mounted, still need to paint the bracket but that might be a winter project. I used the Scosche VW adapters for the Kicker 6 1/2 components. I didn't have to file down some of the adapters because the rubbed against the fairing and made noise going down the highway. Sounds good, but a Soundstream amp and VTwin Audio amp bracket, will be going in over the winter.:devil

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
my soundstream amp is sitting at my house. i got the PN4.1000D
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-PN4-1000D-4-Channel-Picasso-Amplifier/dp/B00VH40878/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439860644&sr=8-1&keywords=soundstream+1000.4[/ame]
140 watts RMS x 4 @ 4ohms
ill be putting it in when i get home on the 27th, along with some power acoustic tweeters, and the JTD hard lowers.
hey not trying to thread jack but does anyone know off the top of their head what i can pull 12v for my remote wire from? (what color wire)

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey not trying to thread jack but does anyone know off the top of their head what i can pull 12v for my remote wire from? (what color wire)
I tapped into the power wire for the iPod plug. I think it was red, but don't quote me, it's been a while. If you have a volt tester, just touch the node to the pin inside the plug and ground it out. Make sure you at least have the acc turned on!

·
Registered
55 Posts
my soundstream amp is sitting at my house. i got the PN4.1000D
http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-PN4-1000D-4-Channel-Picasso-Amplifier/dp/B00VH40878/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439860644&sr=8-1&keywords=soundstream+1000.4
140 watts RMS x 4 @ 4ohms
ill be putting it in when i get home on the 27th, along with some power acoustic tweeters, and the JTD hard lowers.
What mounting plate are you using for the 4.1000 and did you have to buy any install wire kit for that? Im looking at purchasing to add to my 2013 XC.

·
Registered
426 Posts
What mounting plate are you using for the 4.1000 and did you have to buy any install wire kit for that? Im looking at purchasing to add to my 2013 XC.
home made mounting plate outta some stainless i had laying around, and the wiring kit was a $12 boss kit from amazon.

amp sounds good, but i am totally out of speaker. i have to get something better, but being i just got laid off i dont see that happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
189 Posts
I plan on buying the Soundstream, and did some research, and I think the V-Twin Audio plate will work. Here is their site.

VTVAM, amplifier mounting bracket | Motorcycle Audio Accessories | V-Twin Audio & More
You will need to make some spacers maybe 1/4 inch to raise the amp off the plate so you can install the rca jacks with no problem otherwise there is a clearance issue. I made my own spacers with this

http://www.marshallshardware.com/images2/U-Spacer-Aluminum-(No-Thread)_0311-S.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am also curious about this, I was wanting to try to shoe-horn some bullet tweeters in there somehow just not sure how yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When you find out or figure it out let me know because I want to do it too. Wish someone made the mounting plate for a component setup on these bikes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a set of components in and mounted the tweeter right on the speaker grill. I still have the speaker grills with the holes on them if anyone wants to try that way. They are your free just pay the shipping.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts