Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've begun the great modification adventure and just put new handlebars on my bike. Unfortunately, it appears I need about 6 more inches (ok, keep those snide remarks to yerselves) on my clutch/brake cables. Can someone point me in the direction of a reputable place to order extended cables? Thanks!!

P.S. Just added Vicbaggers Tarzanz bars. Can't wait to test em out!

·
13,002 Posts
witchdoctor make sure you hve enough length.
Measure twice and order once

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up! Looked on their site and it appears they only carry stainless steel rather than the black vinyl, which is what I need. I used their contact form and asked if they carried the black vinyl so I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Motion Pro. I've used them many times in the past to get custom lengths or to simply replace a cable on something too old to get a OE replacement. They usually have a couple options in terms of ordering process. You can tell them your year/make/model and then specify additional length or you can send them your old cable along with instructions for what you want the new one to be relative to that one.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Brake Cable????? who uses drum brakes anymore??? :rolleyes:

Im sure you meant brake hydraulic line - you should be able to get one at any speed shop but they are metric.

To find sizes that may fit your application try Earls:

http://www.holley.com/types/Speed-Flex%20Lines.asp

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
What pull did you get on the bars? I got Tarzanz +2 and my stock cables fit fine. There is a good bit of slack available.
BTW, 2013 XC as well
You'll LOVE the bars!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got +2 back and +2 up. It's definitely too far for the stock to reach, unfortunately.

What pull did you get on the bars? I got Tarzanz +2 and my stock cables fit fine. There is a good bit of slack available.
BTW, 2013 XC as well
You'll LOVE the bars!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Brake Cable????? who uses drum brakes anymore??? :rolleyes:

Im sure you meant brake hydraulic line - you should be able to get one at any speed shop but they are metric.

To find sizes that may fit your application try Earls:

http://www.holley.com/types/Speed-Flex%20Lines.asp
Hah, didn't even notice that. For hydraulic custom stuff i usually use galfer or goodridge but there are others. Bikebandit carries some build it yourself custom brake lines. Basically buy the line in whatever length you need (based on available lengths) then buy the appropriate bend fittings. Screw it all together and you're done. Did this with the girlfriend's 83 shadow resto and they worked great, no leaks or issues with bleeding. The instructions call out a pretty low torque value for the build but I don't have any crows feet so i just snugged them up and gave them another 1/8 turn or so.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got a response back from Witchdoctors and they indicated they don't carry extended cables. Have some other leads and will share everything once I've gotten everything worked out.

witchdoctor make sure you hve enough length.
Measure twice and order once

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a response back from Motion Pro:

Unfortunately, we at Motion Pro are not set up to reproduce Victory cables currently and we will not be able to build the cables you are requesting. It is my understanding that Barnett is set up to build Victory cables. I am sorry we could not be of more assistance to your project. Best of luck to you and if you require anything else please do not hesitate to call or email.
Motion Pro. I've used them many times in the past to get custom lengths or to simply replace a cable on something too old to get a OE replacement. They usually have a couple options in terms of ordering process. You can tell them your year/make/model and then specify additional length or you can send them your old cable along with instructions for what you want the new one to be relative to that one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts