Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Where to source a pulley

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Tims_04V92TC 
#1 ·
My dealer recommended an overdrive pulley for my 09 pin 8ball.
Who all makes em and are there different options as far as overdrive pulleys go?

#3 ·
#6 ·
Why do you want to change the pulley? You have a 6 speed now. You might want to rethink your thinking cause you can do more harm then good.

#12 ·
I had an overdrive pulley on a previous bike. Don't know about making it seem like a 6 speed, but it did extend shift points and smooth out the shifts between 1st & 2nd. Saw about a 3 mpg increase in fuel economy. You'll want to check your speedo against a GPS after the swap to confirm any discrepancy.

#14 · (Edited)
Shoot this guy a email with your bike specs. I THINK that if your still running the 5speed the splines would be the same it should work. Only slight grinding required on pulley cover, housing and adjustment to speed sensor to install...

He would know for sure but I think you will be in. Should be about 345 shipped and I know he has them in stock as of 2 weeks ago when I last talked to him. Thats who I got mine through and it was spot on!

jmlmjmjm@aol.com

Good luck,

Tim

#18 ·
Shoot this guy a email with your bike specs. I THINK that if your still running the 5speed the splines would be the same it should work.

jmlmjmjm@aol.com

Good luck,

Tim
Well, the answer to that is no, its not and John has exhausted his supply of the 5speed pulleys for the 100 engine. Sorry about that. He does have plenty of the V92 drive pulleys if you know of someone needing one.

Tim

#17 · (Edited)
How do I like it??? My only complaint is I waited too long to install it!!!! Knock off about 300 RPM from 4th/5th and you will see exatly where your at. 4th easily handles highway merger and giddy'up, hit 5th and off you go. Gears are a bit longer now and you will love how that engine sounds... There is a ticket in the future I am sure because it just sounds too sweet laying into 3rd, 4th and 5th...

Here is a link to a thread after I installed it. If you spend ANY time on the HWY, it's a must I think. My biggest fear now is that Im tuned to what 70 on the hwy sounds like and now that aint 70 lol...

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12152

Its an easy one day install taking your time with belt alignment and tension your biggest PITA's to deal with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.