Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tried the Mustang touring seat. My wife and I both hated it, and it was returned. I have a Corbin now and we both like it. I think you'll find that everyone has a favorite seat that works, for them. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I had a local seat upholster redo mine. Added a pro pad and some fuax gater. He's going to add some memory foam too, it's just a touch hard.
1/3 of the price a ultimate. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
You will like it. I'm sure there are other seats, but anything was better than stock. The stock seat probably works for most, but I found myself sliding forward, I sit in the Ultimate seat, just as they advertise, plus no more numb ass.. :)

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I feel like I am setting on my tail bone on the stock seat and now it has my sciatica flaired up for the first time In years. I ordered the new seat this afternoon and got a tracking number about a half hour later.:) Maybe the back will calm down by the time it arrives.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I put a Drag Specialties low profile touring seat on mine a month ago but can't comment about comfort until I get it out on a several hundred mile trip.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
ive had an ultimate for over a year. am having some softer
foam put in my part. wife likes hers as is. its wider than stock
in my backside,for us fuller figured folks. i had a cct seat on
before that and am running it now. it actually is softer but not
as roomy.pass part is wider and thicker too on the ultimate.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
With the combined seat and backrest for about $750, I'm thinking Ultimate too. The Russell Day-long is still a contender, also...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
With the combined seat and backrest for about $750, I'm thinking Ultimate too. The Russell Day-long is still a contender, also...
if you have the vic drivers backrest,use it.works just fine.

hey ammo, cant wait to hear about the d s seat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We haven't got a ton of miles on it due to weather this spring but the Wife and I are loving our Russell Day-Long Saddle so far. My first two rides this year I did back to back 300 mile ride days and was thrilled with the setup.

The only negative so far is fitment as it rubs the front corner of each saddlebag and just touches the bag latches. I don't think it will be enough to be a problem but it bugs me and if I was local to RDL I'd have it adjusted but don't want to be without a seat as we enter riding season.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Irv,
I've got a 5 day trip coming up in a few weeks that will be the real test. We're planning on 400 - 700 miles per day so that will tell me a lot more about the DS seat than the 500 miles I've got on it so far have.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered the rain covers for both the seat and back rest but I didn't know anything about a free offer. Oh well mine will be here Tuesday according to UPS tracking.cheers

·
Registered
837 Posts
I called to order after hearing others got the free rain cover. Lesie told me the "show special" was the free rc at the show. So, I could wait and pick it up and save, or have them send it to me and pay extra. I decided to wait. thumb up

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a 2012 and my bike came with more like the tour seat thicker wider then new stock for XC. I liked the looks of the newer seat so I contacted HOTVIC and got a new seat style and had gel added front/back and flames stitched in to match the new flames I added to paint. Seat is so comfortible now.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I have a Day-Long and with 730 miles in 1 day it was amazing. I had the Ultimate on my M109 and returned it. The backrest bracket was hitting my tailbone. I also did not like the amount of padding under the family jewels. Too much. This is my second Day Long saddle on my second cruiser. I will not buy any other seat.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Finally got some miles on the Drag Specialties seat (can't post pics so see link below) and am able to report on it.

https://www.denniskirk.com/drag-specialties/mild-stitch-low-profile-touring-seat.p459285.prd/459285.sku

My trip was supposed to be around 3000 miles but was cut down to a little of 1500 miles because of weather (riding in the rain is fine but camping in it isn't). The seat worked out great. My seat was pretty much pain free and the only thing that bothered me slightly was the corners of my back pockets poking me a bit. My wifes seat was phenomenal - she had zero butt pain and the wider seat helped support her thighs which kept her hip pain (bursitis) to a minimum.

Another plus was that the seat has some sort of reflective coating on it which is supposed to keep it from getting as hot in the sun. I didn't have a digital thermometer to see what the difference in temps were between the seat and the OEM backrest but the seat was noticeably cooler to the touch.

The only flaw I found was that the seat is supposed to sit you 1" lower. It does sit lower but because the padding is thicker in the nose of the DS seat than the narrow back XR or XC seat it makes it seem like it's higher than OEM when you put your feet down. With a 32" inseam I can still put my feet flat on the ground but have slightly less bend in my knees.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts