Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my brake pads on a 2008 Kingpin Tour. Which pads are the "recommended" pad? And are the front and rears the same pads?

I was thinking about getting these:
EBC Double-H Sintered Brake Pads FA196HH

·
Registered
194 Posts
The EBC Double H pads are awesome. Only problem you might run into is that they tend to be a little harder on the rotors than the stock pads are, so they might wear out the rotors sooner...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like these are the pads:
Front: FA347HH
Rear: FA196HH

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I'm using EBC HH with no disc marring problem. Dramatically better than the OEM pads.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My son's Vegas has had two sets of Victory pads on it and the brakes squeel like crazy. Any problems the the EBC pads like this ?? We are looking for a solution to the problem. My Local Dealer helped us with the replacement price on the first set after Vic would not cover the issue.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Brake squeal is the result of a vibration or resonance set up between the metal back of the pad and the piston. My XR's OEM pads had a thin metal backer on them. I think some discard that with the old pads. They need to be transferred to the new ones as they are there for noise elimination.
Sand the surfaces of new pads before inserting. Place the sandpaper on a flat surface and rub the pad on it.
If squealing persists, there are products you can brush on to the back of the pad to reduce the resonance. Brake Quiet is one of those.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi BBob, thats a great deal on those pads. Less than 1/2 of what the EBC pads go for. If they are better than the OEM pads then those would be a good choice too.

Have you ever compared these to the EBC pads?

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Hi BBob, thats a great deal on those pads. Less than 1/2 of what the EBC pads go for. If they are better than the OEM pads then those would be a good choice too.

Have you ever compared these to the EBC pads?
Can't speak to longevity because I sold that KP but they worked well; about as well as the EBC I'd say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts