Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Which Highball Is Best?

• 2012 Model like I had? Black & White

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • 2014 Black & White with Alloys & Judge Light?

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Black with Flames

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Try something different this time...

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just looking to see the popular opinion as to which is the best looking/most popular Highball. I don't really like the new rims on the black and white one. Wondering if I should go for a 13 model like I had or go for the newer one with the Judge Headlight or go for one with the flames!

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Flames and a Supercharger.
Judge Wheels and headlight.
Im off for a ride

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Go test ride that 2nd hand black and white one- you never know the tranny may be 50% better than your old one.

I voted 2012 black and white like yours :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
2012 is the best one made in my opinion....But what am i missing here???

You sold your Highball to buy an XC. Now you're looking at buying another Highball? Whaaaat!?!?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didn't sell it to buy a XC. I was trying to buy a custom Harley Chopper but I missed out on it I'm without a bike :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did think of that! Part Highball, part Cross Country. Not that many around though. There is one for sale here at £10,500. 12 plate with 6000 miles. Standard bike. I can get a 14 plate highball for £9,500 with pipes still 4 years of warranty. Sorry, take £100 off that! :)

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
just buy what you want and take responsibility for your own decisions and actions like the rest of us do.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I did think of that! Part Highball, part Cross Country. Not that many around though. There is one for sale here at £10,500. 12 plate with 6000 miles. Standard bike. I can get a 14 plate highball for £9,500 with pipes still 4 years of warranty. Sorry, take £100 off that! :)
Tav....mate....there is no comparison to the "wow" effect of a Highball to a Hardball (sorry Hardball guys)- thats why you got one in the first place.

Test ride man and see what you think? Then haggle, or move on...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to do a few test rides but the wether here now is rediculous. It raining every day and trying hard to snow :(

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Big T... Buy a Jackpot and make it look like the highball. You love the fat back tire look. You can surely find a used Jackpot?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do! The only thing is you can't get a 250 White Wall. Would that conversion work better off a Hammer?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
In my opinion the Hammer isn't as pretty as a Jackpot. You can get any tire turned into a white wall... I sent you a link about a year and a half ago... Or just run a 200 rear on a Highball. Big T I am feeling a strong sense of déjà vu!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know! I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket but don't want to make a mistake.

What makes you think the Jackpot is prettier and a better base for a Fatball?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
haha.....deja vu alright.

Tav IMO if you buy another Victory and find it's like your last you will be gutted- regardless of the weather you have to test ride it.....IMHO

BTW- interesting that a Hammer rider here (MC_Hammer) reckons his belt was way too tight and after adjusting it has found it improved his lash. Ive never even looked at my belt- will be over the Xmas break.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I just am not a huge fan of the looks of the Hammer. If I was doing it I would do a 200 rear on a Highball and be done with it....

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I just am not a huge fan of the looks of the Hammer. If I was doing it I would do a 200 rear on a Highball and be done with it....
Yeah sure- my last comment wasnt in reference to a Hammer, Highball or Jackpot- just that I reckon Tav should definitely test ride "whatever" regardless of the weather conditions before he buys again given he wasnt happy with the drive train of his last Victory. cheers

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
About the drive train thing that used to annoy me. I actually found out what it was. It used to lurch and I used to have to slip the clutch more than what I thought I needed to ride it smoothly. I developed the issue after it had been at Harley for so long getting all of its mods done. It wasn't terribly bad like it was broken just not as good/easy to ride as I remembered.

I ended up talking to a shop in England and he said he knew what was wrong. He said someone was blipping the throttle of something when the bike was there and it had thrown the throttle sensors off. He talked me through a reset and it was good again.

He thought they were probably starting and stopping it all the time and trying to take the puss out of my bike to the other Harley customers wondering what all this "Victory" fuss was about :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts