Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to sell my PC V and just go with a recalibration. I'm not in the mood to mod, and tune this right now. I just want to ride and forget it. Anyway, which map should I ask for ? I know Kevin says in other threads that the 05 Hammer drag map is the best, but I have read threads here where this map is way too rich for typical stage 1. Plus NO dealer I talk to can help me with that specific card. So I need some help. I have the RPW big slash 2 into 1, and am getting the vented air box cover, and K&N filter. I will eventually upgrade to the Lloydz torque tubes, but it wont be for some time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It sounds to me like you'll pretty much just need to go with the stage 1 flash from Victory since you've given up on tailoring your fuel system to your mods. Anything else would just be guesswork and once you flash the ECU, your stuck with it....right or wrong. Stage 1 flash would probably be the safest.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
05 map will not work on a closed loop bike. I would suggest the Vic 2-1 map and leave the o2 unplugged
Really ? even if I ran it with out the o2 sensors plugged in ? Hmm, I am actually running it with the stock map and sensors unplugged now, and it runs pretty decent, with minimal popping/backfiring.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Really ? even if I ran it with out the o2 sensors plugged in ? Hmm, I am actually running it with the stock map and sensors unplugged now, and it runs pretty decent, with minimal popping/backfiring.
Stock map with filter, cover, and open exhaust is to lean above 3k. Even the S1 map is a tad on the lean side, and needs the extra fuel from the unplugged sensors.
The 05 injection is night and day to the closed loop bikes, and they will not even talk to each other

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock map with filter, cover, and open exhaust is to lean above 3k. Even the S1 map is a tad on the lean side, and needs the extra fuel from the unplugged sensors.
The 05 injection is night and day to the closed loop bikes, and they will not even talk to each other
Okay thanks for the knowledge.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually haven't touched the air filter yet. I am waiting until I get it remapped. I have the stock air box and filter element with the new pipe. I did about 160 miles today, and I do have some backfiring. And I know that's from a lean condition, so I want to move on this recalibration. It's not bad backfiring, just intermittently. But it does run good. Ab=gain, I have the o2 sensors unhooked. Installed, but unplugged from the wires.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I've been riding the guts out of this thing the past day and
By the time I get home in the morning, I'll have well over 500 miles on this new pipe. It does backfire more than I like but it's not terrible. Power/performance wise it runs just as if the stock pipes were still on it. So far I like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts