Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the battery is in, looking to do spark plugs...
Can someone confirm which spark plugs are used in 2000 V92C?
I have a '99 manual that says Champion RA8-GHC.
Dennis Kirk website sells NGK's DCPR6E for V92C but with disclaimer that standard is DCPR7E and DCPR6E runs 1 range hotter.
Another Victory forum lists DCPR8E/7E/6E as NGK numbers. (6 is the hottest of the 3)
Rockauto lists Autolite #4164 or XS4164.
So which one is it? I am inclined to go to the local auto store and see which ones of these are available and pick.
Do all of these work? Are some of these preferred? Do some of these not work?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I believe in 04 they went from the 7E down to the hotter 6E and I am guessing that your running the recommended 91/92 octane as recommended by your OM. Not going to dredge up the OCTANE discussion again, there is enough for you search on to read about that. Reading your plugs is the final tell tale. If it were me, stick with the 6E as that was what was later recommended (much like they reduced the size of your oil cooler) and I would think your alright. If you get pinging on high octane, bumpt it up to the 7E but I dont think you will. My 04 I run the 6E, 89Octane and have a K&N big sucker air filter. My plugs are finally burning righ and my exhaust is no longer sooty with that raw gas smell at a light..

My 2 cents... Safe ridin!thumb up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts