Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating which bike to buy, Vision or CCT. I realize I need to ride both but I would like to hear from anyone that has extensive time on BOTH. I would really wish I could hear from someone that owns both but that likely won't happen.

Because my test ride will be short, I would like to know what to look for during my test ride, i.e. buffeting, heat from engine, etc. If I have some ideas what to watch out for, I hope to make a better decision.

Thanks for any and all help!!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Both are fabulous bikes for long distance touring. The XCT has a lower CG and more case capacity. As far as buffeting goes, that's easy to cure with a windshield. The main thing for me, whenever it comes to selecting a vehicle, is how am I going to use it. Why buy a 1-1/2 ton truck when all you really need is a pick-up? What I'm saying is, think how you are actually going be using it. Good luck. Which ever you choose you are going to love.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You really do need to test ride both. As far as short test rides go most Victory dealerships aren't like Japanese or Harley dealerships as Victory understands that the bikes sell themselves. You should be able to ride each one for an hour or so and you probably won't have to have a chaperone.

I can tell you that Utah Ed had his heart set on a Vision until he rode the XCT but you may be different. The Vision is going to be more comfortable and the XCT will carry a lot more if you plan on taking long trips (or short trips that you plan to pick stuff up during).

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Here's my 2 cents worth:

I own a 2010 XC. Problems - buffeting, but there are a few fixes to eliminate them - some easy and inexpensive, some kinda costly one of which is going to tubular crash bars and the hard lowers - not cheap. A tour pack is another $1,200 to $1,600 depending where you get it from.

A new XCT has the buffeting issue solved, has the tour pack, but color choices aren't what they used to be.

A Vision on the other hand has no buffeting issues that I'm aware of, there are a few more aftermarket go fast parts (as in intake for example) and I like the color choices available.

Both the XC/XCT and the Vision/Vision Tour are very comfortable riding bikes, but it comes down to whether you like the looks of one versus the other. The money isn't that far apart between the standard models of each and the tour editions of each

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here was my criteria for choosing a bike:

1) Something that was good for an everyday driver
2) Able to take long trips in style and comfort, while taking gear along
3) Easily modifiable
4) Not too expensive

I chose the Vegas 8-Ball, bought a stock 2011 for $9k and spent about $3k in accessories which includes:

1) Lock & release windshield
2) Saddlebags
3) Cruise Control
4) Tomahawk sissy bar and luggage rack
5) Drivers backrest
6) Highway bars

I ride alone so a specifically made dufflebag sits on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
oh, and had a 12v hook up mounted next to the odometer, that was cheap. Dange, too many accessories I keep forgetting what I've done. Also installed heated handgrips.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I ride alone so a specifically made dufflebag sits on the passenger seat.
Do you have a picture of your bike with this bag on it? Now that they got the customize function working on the Judge, I was playing around a little with it:

I rather like this Kuryakyn Day Bag, but at 12" it may be too big for the back seat. How deep is your bag (i.e. the distance from your back to the backrest).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the good comments and thoughts. I really enjoyed reading the 2 bike reviews.

ONE MORE QUESTION....Can you put highway pegs on the Vision?

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Vision doesn't have much saddle bag storage for as large as the outside is. The XR or CCT have the most storage space I have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
STARE at them both long and hard. One of them will 'speak to you'.

(Don't listen if it says, "Buy the BMW")

·
Registered
89 Posts
You really do need to test ride both. As far as short test rides go most Victory dealerships aren't like Japanese or Harley dealerships as Victory understands that the bikes sell themselves. You should be able to ride each one for an hour or so and you probably won't have to have a chaperone.

I can tell you that Utah Ed had his heart set on a Vision until he rode the XCT but you may be different. The Vision is going to be more comfortable and the XCT will carry a lot more if you plan on taking long trips (or short trips that you plan to pick stuff up during).

Ammo......lol
Your right for the most part. I have desided for sure the bike will be white. I have also desided that if my disability come in as we are hoping it does, and Vegas still has the 2011 white Vision they cant seem to sell off, that we will go there, test ride it and see HOW BAD they want to sell it. If that doesnt work then we will return to St. George and order a White XCT.
Ya I prefer the XCT, but I wont dismiss the Vision if I can get a killer deal on it.
The Vison's storage capacity is the same as Harley, which for us was plenty, and with the XCT, well it can handle all we take plus have LOTS of room left over for all the extras that seem to find thier way into the luggage along the way.
Hoping we only have another month to wait...........

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I've bought the last two bikes I've had without riding either first... 2003 BMWR1150R, and 2012 Victory CrossRoads... so the test drive isn't all THAT important, apparently.

I was totally happy with both bikes.

Unless your test drive is very long you can't really tell about comfort etc., other than that I doubt that you'd be anything but thrilled after riding the Victory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts