Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Researching for accessories to put on an 8-Ball before I buy.
Which Victory pipes give more HP? Or which aftermarket is better.
Any ideas also on a windscreen?
Factory analog tach or electronic?
Getting my list of options together before I sit down with the salesman.:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Vic swept pipes absolutly suck for power. The 2-1 is best followed by the long drag, then Shotgun. Check out RPWUSA.com, or Santarosa V twin for some nice aftermarket stuff
whats your take on the bassani pipe? lloyd has it advertised on his site as the best power producing pipes for our bikes, this true?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
whats your take on the bassani pipe? lloyd has it advertised on his site as the best power producing pipes for our bikes, this true?
My results show Bassani is equal to both RPW, and Car Chemistry, but no better of a performer. RPW has a large selection of pipes available for about any configuration. Car Chemistry works great, but tend to be a little on the ugly side

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My results show Bassani is equal to both RPW, and Car Chemistry, but no better of a performer. RPW has a large selection of pipes available for about any configuration. Car Chemistry works great, but tend to be a little on the ugly side
Do these pipes out perform the factory pipes with the airbox mod and mapping.
With the aftermarket pipes you still need to do airbox mods correct?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Do these pipes out perform the factory pipes with the airbox mod and mapping.
With the aftermarket pipes you still need to do airbox mods correct?
You will still need at least a upgraded filter, and vented cover like comes with the S1. My expieriance shows that with a few rare exceptions; the aftermarket pipes outperfom the Vic accessory pipes

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
The Vic swept pipes absolutly suck for power. The 2-1 is best followed by the long drag, then Shotgun. Check out RPWUSA.com, or Santarosa V twin for some nice aftermarket stuff
Hey Kevin.....keep in mind also that not everyone is looking to jack up their horsepower on their Victory's. I for one am very satisfied with the power and toque already generated on my Jackpot. I don't plan on racing anyone as I am a total cruiser. So in all fairness to the swept pipes...they do still look pretty good and perform as expected.

Just sayin.:D

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hey Kevin.....keep in mind also that not everyone is looking to jack up their horsepower on their Victory's. I for one am very satisfied with the power and toque already generated on my Jackpot. I don't plan on racing anyone as I am a total cruiser. So in all fairness to the swept pipes...they do still look pretty good and perform as expected.

Thats why they say there is an a$$ for every seat

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Thats why they say there is an a$$ for every seat
So true.....and sometimes there is more then one seat for some a$$es.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kind of suprises me the aftermarket pipes are more $$$ than the Victory which includes the airbox mods and mapping? (getting a discount on accessories)
May not have quite as much hp, but bumping up throttle response is the main goal.
Don't plan doing any street racing.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Kind of suprises me the aftermarket pipes are more $$$ than the Victory which includes the airbox mods and mapping? (getting a discount on accessories)
May not have quite as much hp, but bumping up throttle response is the main goal.
Don't plan doing any street racing.

UMMMMMMM bumping up throttle response takes more HP, or Torque

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You got me! From what I remember seeing the dyno test I have looked at(granted different dynos may give different figures, and who's paying for it.) the stock torque figures were pretty close. HP differences were higher in the aftermarket.
I better check it out again and see what I missed!
Google here we come.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the digital. Its great because it displays more than just MPH and RPM.
I have trouble reading the digital too. Looks the same. It also does 0-60, 1/4 mile et and mph, speed, tach, gear you are in and a lot more. The only problem I have is can't read the Tachometer while drag racing to tell when to shift. I am thing of either adding a regular tach or put an LED shift indicator that comes on just before the rpm limiter that is now set at 6,400 RPMs. What do you think?

·
Registered
110 Posts

I had the swept pipes added to my 2009 Victory Jackpot Corey Ness edition. Some of us do want to go fast! (want to buy very little used flat black swept pipes - less that 150 miles on them). I now have the 2 into 1 Barsoni short pipes. They look great and produces a lot more horsepower. I added a lot of other performance parts and it was essential not to have pipe that aren't as free flowing as they can be. Very pleased with the upgrade. It is very fast but runs on street gas and can be ridden everyday and taken to the track.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have trouble reading the digital too. Looks the same. It also does 0-60, 1/4 mile et and mph, speed, tach, gear you are in and a lot more. The only problem I have is can't read the Tachometer while drag racing to tell when to shift. I am thing of either adding a regular tach or put an LED shift indicator that comes on just before the rpm limiter that is now set at 6,400 RPMs. What do you think?
By the way diamondrmp you have a very nice looking bike.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.