Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are riding down to Whidby Island ... specifically Coupeville tomorrow (Sat Sep 14).

Anyone from the area care to meet up? Expect to be there around lunch time for a feed of mussels. Going via Chuckanut Dr & Deception Pass.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
The forecast for the Portland area is for rain starting Sunday and continuing for an eternity. Sometimes NW WA get hit before we do, so you might want to check the weather maps. But I do hope you are able to do it and stay dry. Are you hopping over to any other islands?
I have a new friend I met at the Rally in the Gorge and he lives in Friday Harbor. We intend to do some riding together next summer in the islands, the WA mainland and BC.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The view from Deception is breathtaking... Great ride.. Use to live and ride in the area..Now in Eastern WA..
Too bad you are a week early for the Oyster Run - WA answer to a one day version of Sturgis. http://oysterrun.org/

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weather looks good although Oak Harbor will be a bit cooler.

Don't care for the Oyster run.

Weather_Van.jpg

Weather_Bellingham.jpg

Weather_OakHarbor.jpg

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Well dang, it looks like I need to go north to stay dry.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well dang, it looks like I need to go north to stay dry.
Don't bother ... we're blanketed with heavy fog/cloud. It's not rain but you can feel the "wet" in it. Well, at least I can ... a disadvantage (or maybe an advantage) of bald head LOL

Trip postponed :(

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Don't bother ... we're blanketed with heavy fog/cloud. It's not rain but you can feel the "wet" in it. Well, at least I can ... a disadvantage (or maybe an advantage) of bald head LOL

Trip postponed :(
I'd rather ride in rain than fog--I don't blame you for throwing in the saturated towel.
Its heavy overcast here now, but s'posed to clear up in a while. I'll hang around these parts, thanks.thumb up

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We never saw the sun until appx 3:30PM here in Burnaby and it stayed nice thru the evening. Vancouver was socked in all day.

Heavy fog this morning and thunder showers in the forecast for late afternoon/evening.

No riding today!

·
Registered
55 Posts
We never saw the sun until appx 3:30PM here in Burnaby and it stayed nice thru the evening. Vancouver was socked in all day.

Heavy fog this morning and thunder showers in the forecast for late afternoon/evening.

No riding today!
Foggy & wet with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon, but we have a memorial ride today for Joe Honolulu leaving from Skagit Valley Polaris at 1 PM.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts