Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I have a 99 V92C. Still has the factory tires on it and they are shot. I have the aluminum wheels as well. The bike has an old school flame paint job and I always thought white walls would look sweet on it. They don't or i can't find any in the right size. Is there a size I can change to? Has anyone done this? Thanks

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
What sizes are you looking for?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As close to stock as possible, I forget what they are at the moment

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There aren't a lot of people on here that own or have owned your model so if possible please save them the hassle of trying to find the OEM sze and post what you have on the bike. There are several websites that will allow you to compare sizes to find out which size should retrofit but without knowing what size to look for nobody can get very far.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I couldn't find my Dennis Kirk I needed for a converson chart.

For the front (MT90B16) MT is equivilent to 130mm or 5" so you should be able to go with a 130mm which wouldn't add anything to the width. The best fit would probably be 130/90H-16. The Avon AM41 comes with Wide White Walls in the MT90 HB-16 WWS.

For the rear (160/80HB-16) 160 is equivilent to 6.25". If you wat to go wider you should be able to go to a 170 which would add another .25" to the width. If you go 10 wider you'll also have to go down 10 on the aspect; 160/80 would change to 170/70. This one is the hard one because I can't find any WW rear tires over 150 wide.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt necessarily want wider rear...Just trying to find a WW close to stock height etc. I just hate when the spedo's and odometers are off LOL. I don't recall which wheel is the speedo feed. I also want to make sure it fits width wise. Hence the question if anyone had done this before on the first gen alloy wheels. Thanks for the help...If kirk has some that would suit my needs, they're only 25 miles from my door. cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just had a couple of dunlops wide ww tires put on my 2002 TC I am not sure if the sizes are the same but I just called my local bike shop and they ordered them. They ran me around 375 for both mounted.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had a couple of dunlops wide ww tires put on my 2002 TC I am not sure if the sizes are the same but I just called my local bike shop and they ordered them. They ran me around 375 for both mounted.
According to kirk, the tire sizes should be the same as mine, at least that's what they have listed, same as mine. You are the person I am looking for cheers. could you possibly get the tire sizes off your white walls, and post a picture maybe, please? That would be great. How is your spedo, is it off at all?

·
Registered
60 Posts
White walls

The tires are Dunlop Cruisemax The sizes are:
Front 130/90-16 MC 67H
Rear 150/80-B16 71H

The rear tire is slightly more narrow than the OEM but that was as close as Dunlop made. It didn't amount to enough to make a difference <1/2"
They are an awsome tire, handle well on wet pavement. The composition of the tire has a polymer blend which is supposed to grip well. Good luck!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The tires are Dunlop Cruisemax The sizes are:
Front 130/90-16 MC 67H
Rear 150/80-B16 71H

The rear tire is slightly more narrow than the OEM but that was as close as Dunlop made. It didn't amount to enough to make a difference <1/2"
They are an awsome tire, handle well on wet pavement. The composition of the tire has a polymer blend which is supposed to grip well. Good luck!
Thanks so much for the info!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just picked this beast up on friday, not sure where he got the tires but I can ask him... I think they look sharp.

View attachment 4687
Those do look good...any idea of the sizes on this one?
brand as well? Also, do you know are those factory bars? I'm thinking of putting either 14" or 16" apes on mine, has t-bars which look good but i dont like them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
whitewalls

Thats the stealer price. I dont have access to a supplier and didn't want to pay shipping. You got a good deal!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it is nice having them 20 miles up the road....do you have pictures of them? or are they the same as the picture above

·
Registered
60 Posts
white walls

wide whitewalls, just about the same as the pic above.There are a couple of pics of my bike on the forum (ralnics garage) but you can only see the front tire in one of the pics.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again...I think I will be going with the cruisemax tires

1 - 20 of 22 Posts