Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how you guys conceal your handguns when riding, thought it would make for a good discussion.

I'm thinking about a pocket pistol like a .380 and my jacket pocket. I would rather have my .40 GLOCK but its to big.

I don't think a ankle holster or shoulder holster would be worth the hassle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a carry permit, and carry my Walther PPS 90% of the time. The other 10%, I'm consuming alcohol, in an establishment that has "no weapons" conspicuously posted, or in a state that does not honor my state's permit.
I had to buy a different holster with a thumb break for when I'm on the bike, but holsters are relatively cheap.
So yes, an in the waistband holster with thumb break for the bike. Remora for the car. I also have a DM Bullard for when I want to feel sexy. :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glock 23 in a comp tac IWB 90% of the time the other 10 is a Ruger LCP. Ive carried the Glock for 10 years so I'm used to it

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey guys,

this is one of those times when us guys downunder say ...Only in America,,:ltr::ltr::ltr:

regards,

Derek

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Hey guys,

this is one of those times when us guys downunder say ...Only in America,,:ltr::ltr::ltr:

regards,

Derek
Americans call people in the UK victims. :ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cheers,

Luck has it i am in Australia..where men drink beer, and Kangaroos should be avoided when riding your bike on the highway at all costs..cheers, looking forward to watching this thread, sure someone will pop up with a mount for a missile launcher..:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

regards and ride safe,

Derek

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Vest Holster, typically. Sometimes a .38 in the boot. Sometimes both.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Ruger SP-101 .357 revolver in the waistband holster when it hot out.
Glock 23 .40 cal in a belt holster when it's cold.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Keltec PF9 w/ extra clip in the ankle holster... Glock model 22 .40 caliber S&W in the trunk w/ 2 extra clips. In 50 years of riding have only had to draw one time... thankfully, my attacker realized that he had only brought a knife to a gun fight and withdrew.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Carry in the same location you have been

You should carry the pistol of choice where you always carry. The reasoning is when you are required to draw, you will automatically revert to the location you are used to or practice with. If you put the pistol in another location, while distracted or you are not mentally prepared you will not react correctly.

If you decide to change locations, I suggest you practice and prepare mentally to know how to draw and the weapons location. It a situation where you have to draw the pistol your life is in danger, so you don't want to be a step slow of survivability.

If you change pistols, practice at the range, you would be surprised how low accuracy is at 10feet and in, especially with Law Enforcement. Your vision and practice might be accustomed to your normal pistol. Every round has to be accounted for.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I considered it until I went on a ride with some of my old friends. We were about 100 miles from home and decided to stop for lunch, when we were waiting in line a few Vagos walked in. Three of the guys I was with started acting odd so I asked what them what was up, they told me they were glad they were carrying. I told them that I have been on several charity rides with a couple of those guys and there was no reason to worry which was proven by the complete lack of drama or confrontation.

My point is that if carrying is going to make you look for trouble you probably shouldn't carry. If you are going to carry you should ensure that you are familiar with the weapon, carry it safely, stow it when you're drinking, and not out looking for trouble!

Sorry if my opinion upsets anyone but everyone should be aware that carrying a gun doesn't mean that you are going to have to use it. You should think of it as a tool that you hope you never have to use.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wtf!

I started reading this thread out of curiousity.

I don't think Americans have much of an idea how foriegn and bizzarre this conversation sounds to non-Americans.

Not posting to get into any kind of gun control (or gun benefit) debate, because that would derail this post in a hurry. I've only ever seen a handgun once that I can remember, unless it was on a police officer, and I'm 41!

Just sayin' wac

·
Registered
83 Posts
I carry a .45, Sig P250 frame. It is a little big, but I am used to it. I live on Fort Lee in Virginia, no real threat on post but off post is a crap hole. Petersburd one way and hopewell the other. Both those places are high crime. Always ready, rather have it and not need it thant need and not have it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I carry every time i go out. I have a glock 26 in a hip holster and do not always conceal it. Have never had to take it out except to show others. I do have a license and am able to carry in at least 25 other states in the U.S. I also have been over seas and know that most places do not allow civilians to carry weapons legally.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts