Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who else make cams for victory. the only one you really hear about is lloydz. i obviously know s&s does. i am just wondering if there are any more off the shelf cams or are you forced to get a custom grind. can you just call crane or lunati up to get them cut for a bike.

·
Registered
218 Posts
who else make cams for victory. the only one you really hear about is lloydz. i obviously know s&s does. i am just wondering if there are any more off the shelf cams or are you forced to get a custom grind. can you just call crane or lunati up to get them cut for a bike.
You might want to try http://automotivemachine.com/vtwim.htm There's a guy by the name of Tom that works for them that could write a graduate level technical book on cams. I don't know if they grind cams for Victory engines or not.

·
13,247 Posts
I half to ask why not Lloydz. He has done all the testing and knows what works and what doesn't. The other company's have just general grind cams that just might not do the job.
Call Lloydz and tell them what you want don't hold information back cause thats just cheating your self.
By the way Vic has cams and I'll bet there Lloydz

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am happy with the 495's I have now.I was just wondering if anyone else makes any. It just seems like there is not a very big selection of them. I was also wondering if any of the big car cam makers would custom cut bike cams like they do car cams.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Your .495 cams/springs/retainers are made by Andrews Cams. They were marketed through S&S Cycle as S&S cams.

In fact, I wish I had kept the .495 cams, as I really liked how they run.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have enjoyed the 495s. i think they are a great cam. i have a friend who is planning on building his hammer and wants it a little more radical than mine is. so i was wanting to know who else makes them. once i know all i have to do is call them and give them engine specs and they will custom grind to my app.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
i have a friend who is planning on building his hammer and wants it a little more radical than mine is.
Why would your friend want a more radical cam? To make the engine lope? Not gonna happen. Even the most cam, Lloydz VM-2, doesn't lope... but it sure crushes the low end torque.

These are definitely not Harleys. The 4 valve heads are WAY different in what cam specs work well. Kyle's 116" is making more power than some 131" Harleys and it has .495 cams in it. David T's 110" was making 132/142 with .495s. My cams are only .484" lift.

All your friend is going to do is lose torque and shorten the life of his valve train for nothing. Ask him if he wants it to SOUND badassed or BE badassed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts