Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my handlebar grips on my hammer, and I just don't really know which ones to go with. I read a few horror stories about increased vibrations and dicomfort with certain grips, so I'd like to avoid those issues.

Anyone really like their aftermarket grips and would recommend them? comfort would be my priority over looks.

·
13,188 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i had isogrips on before the xr left for home. they come in
black now too.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
I love the Harley Black Diamond Grips and pegs that I put on my Night Rod Special. If they would fit my Highball (not sure if they do???) I would get these again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Exactly.... Makes my head spin just thinking about it...:crzy:

Not sure what you mean by "stay away from metal ones" they seem to all have some metal (maybe alluminum) portion to them?!

Kind of liking the ness grips. Just not sure how comfy they are.
I have these in black and they are super comfortable, slightly bigger also.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I love the Harley Black Diamond Grips and pegs that I put on my Night Rod Special. If they would fit my Highball (not sure if they do???) I would get these again.

Looks like there are two part numbers for these grips. One for newer one for older bikes, so maybe the ones for older bikes would work for you. I just don't like the fact that they have the HD emblem on the butt. That might look kinda weird on a vic...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524448771662

56746-08

Fits '08-later Touring and FLSTSE2/3 models.

MSRP US $79.95

56405-08

Fits '96-later VRSC™, XL, XR, Dyna®, Softail® (except FLSTSE2/3 and FXSBSE) and '96-'07 Touring models.

MSRP US $79.95

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have these in black and they are super comfortable, slightly bigger also.
Oh cool, so was it a fairly straight forward install and did you get any additional vibration after the swap?

If not, I might be sold... I'm thinking about the black ones as well.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Oh cool, so was it a fairly straight forward install and did you get any additional vibration after the swap?

Marius, install is quite easy.... I have the Ness holeshot grips , they are awesome.thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Oh , and no noticeable vibration either .

·
Registered
246 Posts

Easy install no difference in vibration.

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
Howabout some SAC grips with optional built-in cruise control? I absolutely love mine! Lots to choose from. I'm fond of the leather over foam because I really like the feel of leather and the foam underneath cuts down on vibrations as well.

http://www.coolsac.com/categories/Grips/

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
I bet these white leather grips would look bitchin' on a High Ball with the original paint job. Might take a bit of maintenance to keep them and the whitewall tires lookin' good all the time though.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a lot of real interesting ideas, thanks y'all!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I need to replace my handlebar grips on my hammer, and I just don't really know which ones to go with. I read a few horror stories about increased vibrations and dicomfort with certain grips, so I'd like to avoid those issues.

Anyone really like their aftermarket grips and would recommend them? comfort would be my priority over looks.
I changed my grips from the Victory heated grips to a pair of Avon brand grips. Much nicer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Howabout some SAC grips with optional built-in cruise control? I absolutely love mine! Lots to choose from. I'm fond of the leather over foam because I really like the feel of leather and the foam underneath cuts down on vibrations as well.

http://www.coolsac.com/categories/Grips/
There are some really cool designs on this site. What is this all leather grip like in hot humid weather? Does it bleed at all onto your hands like some of those cheap rubber ones?

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
There are some really cool designs on this site. What is this all leather grip like in hot humid weather? Does it bleed at all onto your hands like some of those cheap rubber ones?
Not at all. They do look less new as time goes on just about like a tattoo. I think some decent leather cleaner would keep them looking newer longer but I kinda like the worn in look on mine. I had them on a Harley then put them on this bike. I did have to do some grinding because they were made for the HD but a person should not have to do that with the right grips.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not at all. They do look less new as time goes on just about like a tattoo. I think some decent leather cleaner would keep them looking newer longer but I kinda like the worn in look on mine. I had them on a Harley then put them on this bike. I did have to do some grinding because they were made for the HD but a person should not have to do that with the right grips.
I agree with you on the worn in look. A nice feature of real leather.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts