1 carbon, so light
2 flip-up chin
3 photo vizer, changes from transparent to dark by sunlight
4 ani fog layer on the viser

Sent from my A51w using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I have a very oval head.....I've tried many helmets over the years and the ones I like best are Daytona Helmets. They fit my head perfectly, are quite, very light, inexpensive and are DOT approved(non-novelty models). 99% of the time I ride with a Cruiser "Pinned Black Cherry" but am going to purchase a FF Shifter in the next week or two.
And one more thingie that is a real bonus....The Daytona 3/4 and 1/2 helms are the most low profile on the market.....they don't cause that Mario Bros-mushroom head look. :ride:

·
Registered
530 Posts
been through many helmets... to be fair, i ride with a full face and prolly always will...
but the Kali Protectives Naza helmet I right most with right now is probably one of the best helmets I have ever owned.. my other helmet is a Shoei GT-Air.... I also have that one fitted with a bluetooth unit but something is screwed up on the bluetooth unit so I haven't invested in a new one yet... my wife also has a gt-air and she loves it.....

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
BTW: I don't believe Daytona is the "best helmet manufacturer"....they just work the best for me. The "best" award would have to go to Schuberth, Shoei or Arai

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like my Daytona too , I want a 1/2 model , and will get one soon .

·
Registered
149 Posts
Care to explain the DOT statement?
I mean that the DOT does not "test" any helmets. They base their ruling on the manufacturers own testing. Even if they did, what purpose would it serve? 1, they are, yet another, part of government 2, what makes them the authority on safety? Snell testing is much more stringent than anything that DOT regulations are supposedly.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
The best helmet mfr. is the one who make the helmet that fits your head, is comfortable and you like its appearance - no more, no less.
If you have a novelty head, by all means, wear a novelty helmet.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
X-Rated for me.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The "best" award would have to go to Schuberth, Shoei or Arai
dunno, its all subjective... like they say, ask 100 people a question like this and you will get 100 different answers. does a $800 helmet really protect better than a $250/$300 helmet? I have owned an Arai before and it was one of the loudest helmets i owned next to my AGV Ti-Tech which supposedly was another great helmet...

in any case, if looks are your only criterion, there are a ton of helmets with awesome graphics and paint... and sure there are always the gimmicks like led lighting, or glow in the dark paint, etc.. but i usually look helmets up on the Sharp website.. granted they are out of Europe but the testing is sound and they use real helmets that you or i would purchase... i have passed on purchasing a couple helmets, mostly the modular helmets, because of how often the chin bar would/could come unlocked in a crash. guess i am still in the mindset of "dress up to go down" thinking of my sportbike years, but I have a lot of faith in my gear when i ride.

SHARP Helmets - Animation

·
Registered
222 Posts
Truer Words Never Spoken

The best helmet mfr. is the one who make the helmet that fits your head, is comfortable and you like its appearance - no more, no less.
If you have a novelty head, by all means, wear a novelty helmet.
Absolutely correct. Everyone's head is a little different. The helmet that fits you well enough that you like wearing it is the best helmet. A cheaper helmet you can keep on your melon all day is better than a high-tech expensive helmet you can't wait to take off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts