Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or does anyone have the means to find out if the shift pedal bushing, spring washer and maybe the shim from an Indian Chief will fit...or be made to work on the Cross Country shift pedal replacing those wimpy two piece plastic pivot bushings. First I'd want to know if the bushing is brass/bronze or plastic. I'd like to know what the ID and OD of the Indians one piece bushing is, as well as the ID and OD of the spring washer. If the spring washer fits the special shouldered XC pivot bolt that alone might make a noticeable difference...but that bushing might be nice if it works. Not sure what to make of the dimensions for that shim.

Tech23

http://www.hollisterpowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=4329607&category=Motorcycles&make=Indian Motorcycle&year=2014&fveh=190551

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I did the WD brass bushings . 30.00 and my pedals are perfect , 0 slop . The factory Vic bushings are plastic crap.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I did the WD bushings, but I had to spend quite a while fitting them. I was kinda disappointed. Better, but they really should be plug and play.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I did the WD bushings, but I had to spend quite a while fitting them. I was kinda disappointed. Better, but they really should be plug and play.
Same here dp , some labor involved , but great results .

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I did the WD brass bushings . 30.00 and my pedals are perfect , 0 slop . The factory Vic bushings are plastic crap.
I agree. Easy fix that worked perfectly.

Yeah. My WD bushings fit great on the shifter side. Not so much on the brake side. Not sure it was the bushings fault or the shaft on the bike.
I've herad this before. Thankfully, I did not feel I needed them on the brake side, but it fixed my shifter side slop.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard they need some modification to fit properly. That's why I was looking at the Indian shift lever bushing.

Yeah. My WD bushings fit great on the shifter side. Not so much on the brake side. Not sure it was the bushings fault or the shaft on the bike.
I would expect that, if you check the Victory part numbers for the brake pedal and shift lever bushings they are different part numbers, that's why I has reservations about the Witchdoctors bushing kit. The kit doesn't differentiate between the brake or shifter, just a package of four of the same bushings...kinda one size fits all?? Before you installed them did you measure them to verify all four were the same size?

If the Indian spring washer by itself fits the Victory pivot bolt and corrects the shift lever slop then that would qualify for the easiest and least expensive fix...note the spring washer #9 in the parts fiche only cost $2.69 for ten of them. I'm not sure you fix ten bikes for less than that...lol.

I'm looking at parts 2 ~ 3 and 9 below
http://www.hollisterpowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=4329607&category=Motorcycles&make=Indian Motorcycle&year=2014&fveh=190551

Tech23

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My bushing install took some light filing with a flat file , and some light sanding of the brake side pivot bolt . I used some Loctite sleeve retainer to secure the bushings to the pedals so the bushings do what they are supposed too and not rotate inside the pedals instead , wearing out the pedals prematurely . I am super pleased how they came out . WD should mention , it is more laborious then he leads on .

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Post a link to WD busings please....

And subscribed so i can find for future reference ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Probably a really stupid question... But ..Since it's as-easy to engineer parts which fit without additional bushings.. Why do you think they engineered so much slop into these pedals?

I don't know.. Asking... But the fit on these pedals are so sloppy a person would almost think that they did it on purpose..

I was scraping my boards the other day, and it crossed my mind that in a lowside, if the board folded up, my foot could get trapped under that pedal if it was a less-sloppy fit. If that happened, I could possibly have 850lbs of bike dragging and grinding me into the blacktop as I went skidding across it's surface..

I don't know if the slop was designed to prevent this.. Or they just couldn't be bothered to rectify an obvious mistake in fit?

You would want to think it was the former.. then you see such blunders in engineering as those X bag latches and all bets are off..

:rolleyes: ... Anyway. ..Just something that crossed my mind as I ground some metal from the underside of my boards the other day..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Post a link to WD busings please....

And subscribed so i can find for future reference ;)
Don't waste your money , these are only for the Cross bikes , they wont even fit on your bike . Yours aren't sloppy like ours ....thumb up

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Just clicked on the link and yes this is not for me... Shifter , break pedals have minor movement... No problem... Luckyyyyyy me

Scrape my peg-pins many times but under the peg is another steel pin that scrapes in corners... Pretty neat so no damages on the pegs when sparks fly underneath me....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
There are probably variances between all the shift and brake levers when they are made. If they were all made exactly the same, then you could make a bushing kit to fit them perfectly, but they are not all exactly alike. I had do a few things to make mine fit, and it was worth it.

·
13,177 Posts
they have side to side play so there is no binding when you press on them. The plastic bushing is so they move freely all the time.
You could go to hardware store and see if they have a bronze or copper bushing.

If you can look at your break or shifter lever when your going down the road it doesn't flop a round and when you break or shift the lever doesn't go side ways. Yes there is no sound out of it either

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Ditto. The one one the shifter actually fit really well, the one on the brake side was a sumb#tch! I ended up putting the plastic one back on after numerous tries of shaving the brass one down so it wouldn't stick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts