Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like I'll be moving over here from the Kingpin forum :)

Found a brand new 2013 Vision for $14,999 after the full throttle salute, so I'll be trading in my 2008 Kingpin Tour! Should be picking her up on Saturday, though I'm not looking forward to the drive over to Kalamazoo, which is 410 miles each way. Gonna be a long day!

Wish it was warm enough to ride over, but its only 40 degrees and the forcast is for low 40's on Saturday.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

Found a brand new 2013 Vision for $14,999 after the full throttle salute, so I'll be trading in my 2008 Kingpin Tour! Should be picking her up on Saturday, though I'm not looking forward to the drive over to Kalamazoo, which is 410 miles each way. Gonna be a long day!

Wish it was warm enough to ride over, but its only 40 degrees and the forcast is for low 40's on Saturday.
Congrats on the Vision. cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts

Congrats and good luck with your new Vision. I had five great years on my 2008 and 34,000 Mi. of pretty much trouble free riding. Hope I do just as well with the new XCT.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

Wish it was warm enough to ride over, but its only 40 degrees and the forecast is for low 40's on Saturday.
Congrats on a great new bike, moving to Vision is not all that difficult. I ride my 2013 every day and it just keeps on giving. So far I only have 7600 miles since mid-May but I may see more riding as my other obligations drop off. That 400-ish ride would be a piece of cake on your new Vision. 410 on a Vision with its heated grips and seat is easy enough at the warm temperature of 40F. Just wear lined jeans and a good jacket and go for it. Even without heated grips and seat I find those adequate down to around 25F. This will be my first winter with the added comfort factors of heated grips and seat so I am looking forward to finding out what my true limits will be.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would Oldman47, but I would have to ride the Kingpin over first and thats a bit to cold without the fairing and lower wind protection, not to mention no heated seats or grips :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black, I didn't know there was any other motorcycle color :ltr:

Can't wait to go get her Saturday.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Vision is made for cold weather. You have heated grips, heated seat and great wind management. All you need is a light jacket...Where is your sense of adventure?????:ride:

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
The Vision is made for cold weather. You have heated grips, heated seat and great wind management. All you need is a light jacket...Where is your sense of adventure?????:ride:
Very true. Just gotta take it easy for the first 500 miles. Good way to break that bad boy in!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, I'm just not into doing an ironbutt over and back run. The back would be great on the Vision, but going over in 30 degrees on the Kingpin is not my idea of adventure :crzy:

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I know, I'm just not into doing an ironbutt over and back run. The back would be great on the Vision, but going over in 30 degrees on the Kingpin is not my idea of adventure :crzy:
Understand Riding is meant to Enjoy .. Take your Time on the Break In ..

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
Nice buy! I wish it were practical to take all the painted pieces off and have them multi-layer cleared to keep the paint looking as good as it does now.

I can say the Tech synthetic waxes are the next best thing with the Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax working great in between waxes to keep it looking its best.

I would also highly recommend some 3M film or the spray on kind for the forward facing pieces to keep them from getting nicked up because it will show up more on black than other dark colors.

Also there is a nice graphics kit for Visions to help set them apart and make it your own. I put one on my XC and get compliments all the time now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BBob,
I've been thinking about these things already!
I ordered some samples (dark charcoal, dark burgundy etc) from autotrimdesign :)
We were discussing the 3M film as I was picking her up! I was thinking of putting some on the part next to my legs on the "tank" area too.

Now to figure out everything about this thing, so many more farkles than my Kingpin had!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 week, and I've done 3 mods already!
Lowers, ipod kit and the extra brake light mod by backing out G&H pins under the seat. What a difference that makes in the rear lights!
-Lance

·
Registered
251 Posts
Beautiful bike ! Part of me want's a Vision, but I'm still not sold on it. Maybe I will be one day. Congrats !
All you have too do is ride one on a 500 mile trip and you will be sold. Best bike I have owned. Trust me I have owned them all lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
251 Posts
1 week, and I've done 3 mods already!
Lowers, ipod kit and the extra brake light mod by backing out G&H pins under the seat. What a difference that makes in the rear lights!
-Lance
What is the brake light mod. Can u explain please ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Basically by pushing two wires out of a connector, you get 2 extra brake lights in the back. Seems odd that they wouldn't be lit up, especially since they have dual filament bulbs already. Very easy, I used a tiny jewelers flat screwdriver to push the two pins back out of the connector. Then taped them up.

Here is the you tube video:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts