Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/09/watch-range-rover-runs-over-bikers-video/"]http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/09/watch-range-rover-runs-over-bikers-video

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wife says the one biker stopped in front of the RR on purpose. After watching it a second time, maybe he was slowing down to look behind him. Either way tragic. The mob type scene that ensued could of gotten allot of innocent people hurt

·
Registered
454 Posts
They are all at fault. The riders started it with the RR. The RR then ran them over. Mama use to say that two wrongs do not make one right, so true in this case.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/09/watch-range-rover-runs-over-bikers-video/"]http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/09/watch-range-rover-runs-over-bikers-video
My first thought after they got him pulled over the first time was "why the hell is no one busting out his window with their helmet and beating that asshole into intensive care?" Thankfully, they got a little spunkier at the next stop.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Do a little more research, these "bikers" were pure thugs, they pulled a stunt last year where they shut down Times Square, thanks to social media law enforcement was able to stop their activities this year, watch the video, half these bikes have not tags which indicates to me these jerk wads were up to no good, these guys are lucky the driver wasn't packing heat, there are many more blogs devoted to this and several witnesses are saying the bikers were totally at fault and instigated this situation

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Sure looked to me like that one biker was baiting the RR and the driver took the bait. So much for our image.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you notice not one cruiser Victory or HD, Don't want to pick on the crotch rockets or young riders, but I bet that none of them were over 30. Us older folk don't have time for all that

·
Registered
60 Posts
The thug picked a fight with an SUV and lost.
SUV driver feared for His life, as well He should, and panicked. He took the only exit.
I'm just curious where the Police were

·
Registered
931 Posts
The rr was protecting his family, I wouldn't blame any driver for doing what he did. This bikes where rolling chaos for no reason but stirring up ****. Taking up all the lanes not giving a crap, i tell you this they pull that **** and I'm in the city in my rig. I would deal with my companies safety department later, some of those assholes will meet my Frieghtliner grill

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Did you notice not one cruiser Victory or HD, Don't want to pick on the crotch rockets or young riders, but I bet that none of them were over 30. Us older folk don't have time for all that
....nor the mentality. :crzy:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I will repeat the prior poster's remarks and add a bit of color/reality...

These thug riders were lucky that the driver was not licensed for concealed carry because a number of those "so called" bikers would have been laying bleeding in the streets if he had been and the driver would have been 1000% in his right to defend himself, his wife and his 5 month old child!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
The RR driver had his wife and 2 yr old in the car with him... The thug riders created this mess. A driver cant watch 10 bikes at once, surrounding him like they did... They created this...Thank God one of the idiots filmed it...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

These thug riders were lucky that the driver was not licensed for concealed carry because a number of those "so called" bikers would have been laying bleeding in the streets if he had been and the driver would have been 1000% in his right to defend himself, his wife and his 5 month old child!
So let me get this straight. Some bikes slow down ahead of the driver of a car and that gives said driver the right to run them over and shoot them?

New York's laws must be quite different than those in other parts of the country...

I would think that if you're in a car in a big city like NYC and run into a large mob of riders/drivers/goats intentionally screwing up traffic, a call to the local constable would be the best bet to get the streets moving fluidly again. Running them over and shooting them, prolly not my first choice.

Say yer out with a large parade of cruiser riders and one of them rides out in the street to block oncoming traffic so the group can turn onto a street and remain as a group. Is it okay to run over him too?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So, one (or who knows, maybe all of those "thugs") wanted that truck out of their pack so they slow danced him to fall out the back of the pile. Not an appropriate use of the asphalt, probably not legal but not injurious either.

In what can only be considered a failure to support common wisdom that particular Asian man could not do simple math. The result of his actions was injury and property damage.

If he was a rational human being confronted with overwhelming numbers of "thugs" his inclination to protect his family would have been best served by simply letting the wave of thugs crest and pass by.

Instead, he ran over people, excuse me, thugs.

You don't have to like the actions or the history of the rocketeers, some of which was apparently over the line, but they did not assault John Q., he assaulted them.

Then it was game on.

Go on a big motorcycle run. Blockers may control intersections but there are plenty of opportunities for motorists to get in the middle of things. Sometimes it happens, but mostly it does not. Why? Because the drivers of the vehicles do simple math and the result informs them to wait. This math happens on any given weekend. It did not happen to the Range Rover guy and the result was entirely predictable. As predictable is what would have happened if he sat it out and let them pass. His Sunday wouldn't have included aggravated vehicular assault, sheer terror, and a nice hike in his premiums. The riders would have taken more wind.

And... it's not unique to motorcyclists so we can indict other motorcyclists all we want but it happens to bicyclists and they go crazy, it happens to marching bands in parades for crying out loud. People inject themselves into tribal space and the result is blood.

If you jump the fence into the pasture with the bull you had best understand that as far as you are from him, in his pasture it ain't far enough.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

I don't know what kind of bikers these guys are but the kinds of bikers I know would respond to a Range Rover popping off rounds with enough lead to sink the Titanic. I would venture to guess that Asian guy is just as likely to be alive to tell the tale because he did not introduce firearms into a confrontation with a slew of urban bikers.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I think the "bikers" ( I am using that term very loosely with these clowns ) are complete and utter morons. Did you guys notice how they where dressed... Anytime someone is riding a crotch rocket but kinda dressed like a superhero... The Rover driver is just as much of a clown as those "bikers" why wouldn't he just fade off into the sunset? I don't wanna stir up a hornets nest here... But why the hell are you guys instantly talking about guns and shooting? Doesn't anyone in the good ole USA know how to donnybrook anymore? If someone pisses me off I get loads of pleasure from squaring off and beating on them with my fists, elbows, etc... I own guns and don't think there is anything wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
So let me get this straight. Some bikes slow down ahead of the driver of a car and that gives said driver the right to run them over and shoot them?

New York's laws must be quite different than those in other parts of the country...

I would think that if you're in a car in a big city like NYC and run into a large mob of riders/drivers/goats intentionally screwing up traffic, a call to the local constable would be the best bet to get the streets moving fluidly again. Running them over and shooting them, prolly not my first choice.

Say yer out with a large parade of cruiser riders and one of them rides out in the street to block oncoming traffic so the group can turn onto a street and remain as a group. Is it okay to run over him too?
You either had your eyes closed during that video, including the end, or your liberal brain is so mushy that your common sense lobe isn't working... the guy has every right to protect himself when trapped by a motorcycle gang, run them over, shoot them, whatever... this is where Biden had it right, he needed a shotgun.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I think the "bikers" ( I am using that term very loosely with these clowns ) are complete and utter morons. Did you guys notice how they where dressed... Anytime someone is riding a crotch rocket but kinda dressed like a superhero... The Rover driver is just as much of a clown as those "bikers" why wouldn't he just fade off into the sunset? I don't wanna stir up a hornets nest here... But why the hell are you guys instantly talking about guns and shooting? Doesn't anyone in the good ole USA know how to donnybrook anymore? If someone pisses me off I get loads of pleasure from squaring off and beating on them with my fists, elbows, etc... I own guns and don't think there is anything wrong with them.

"I get loads of pleasure from squaring off and beating on them with my fists, elbows, etc."............ you're a real piece of work Travis P, hopefully you end up in a small room with an orange jumpsuit where you belong.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Watched it again to be sure... Both parties absolute idiots! Why would the driver of the RR hit that guy? Why did the " bike riding clowns" need to grab 30 or 40 others to deal with a lone man and his family? I am just happy nobody got shot or killed over something so meaningless. I just showed my operations team, who all ride as well. We all agree both parties IDIOTS!

1 - 20 of 181 Posts