Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email invite from Victory but theres töo much water between us and don't think my electrics would cop it!
So whos going?

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
262 Posts
A buddy and I are going. We are riding from Pennsylvania so it will be a long ride. I can't wait.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Last time I was at Pike's Peak race it was still unpaved & I much prefer it that way. The Colorado Hill Climb Association runs a hand full of races through the summer that may not be as famous but are no less exciting and are more like the good ol' days. The ones I've gone to are Lands End in Grand Junction & they also race up old Monarch Pass-all dirt. Something about seeing an open class nitro breathing screamer go by sideways at 135 mph 12 feet in front of you is hard to beat. The one thing that I found that's different about hillclimb racers is that they help each other out more than any other motorsport I've been around-you see they don't race each other, they race against the mountain. I got some good photos that I have to dig out-'till then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omCAkCV9GB8

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was raised in Colorado Springs and remember my dad taking me to Pikes Peak every year to see the race. It was always great fun...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts