Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the event to kick start the newest Victory is this Saturday. I'm intrigued with a liquid cooled model. Would like a bit more quarter fairing. I always liked the Rifle fairing that was out in the late 80's. It does look very 'scoutesque'.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Yeah I got the email last night and thought " theyve already had a release weeks ago,...I went to it!"
Suppose the marketing dept are in overdrive still on the Octane front.
Victorys sell themselves when we ride them.
Mine did anyway.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I rode an Octane last weekend at a demo event.

What a fun little bike. 500 and change compared to over 700 pounds on my XC, and 104 HP. It is fast and easy to ride.

I like it, I'm too spoiled with creature comforts now to own one though. I like having a full faring, storage, etc.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Seen it. It comes primered. You paint it what color you want. Seat is hard - you add padding to your liking.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Like Tarzan, I rode one last Saturday at a Demo event. I couldn't stop smiling. Nearly got the front wheel off the ground twice, not trying! The throttle response is much more sensitive than my CCT, and I twisted the throttle the same as my bike and up she tried to come. I am thinking of going by there again today. I also have a 15-30% discount coupon, need to see if there is something I can spend it on!:smile

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seen it. It comes primered. You paint it what color you want. Seat is hard - you add padding to your liking.
lol. Not a fan of satin or flat. Makes cleaning bugs off more of a chore.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
lol. Not a fan of satin or flat. Makes cleaning bugs off more of a chore.
Steel wool, scouring powder, angle grinder, sandpaper, all these will get the bugs of of flat/satin in a jiffy. :devil

·
Registered
566 Posts
Went today actually and saw it. Cool bike. But compared to my 07 hammer... no comparison. Feels like a toy.

Personally, I can't shake looking at the octane and seeing a dressed scout. Maybe just me.... but to me it's just a scout.

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
127 Posts
Went today actually and saw it. Cool bike. But compared to my 07 hammer... no comparison. Feels like a toy.

Personally, I can't shake looking at the octane and seeing a dressed scout. Maybe just me.... but to me it's just a scout.
But a Scout on steroids. I've not ridden a Scout, but those who have ridden both say there is a big difference.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Ill probably wait a coupla years till theres some already modded ones, already broke in, and thousands cheaper.
I think people will buy em and then move up to a proper size Vic or Injun.
Girls will love em as will folks with ducks disease.
And with a proper 156 performance package sure to come out from Mr Greer in the future then Victorys got a real winner in the High Performance stakes.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Really like the look, want to ride one! I would never give up my XR, I love long several day trips and the Octane would be a bad choice for that....But, for day/spirited rides that thing looks like a great fit :grin

Reactions: mark4Jesus
1 - 12 of 12 Posts