Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cross roads fairing tonight! thumb up I was going to mount it and then take it apart, sound right? also there are screws along the edge and a few in the middle, is it just the ones through the outer fairing that come out to take it apart? I need to get my old radio off so I can get this mounted and the new radio in.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Can't help you with that one but just wanted to say I am lovin' the blue on your XR! Would love to see some pics. If I keep mine long enough I will probably be painting mine a slightly darker shade of blue myself.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My dad paints for a living and I dropped it the day I brought it home. It isn't as dark as I hoped for but fat chance on a second paint job. Only took 2 years of convincing. I'm going to have flames put on it similar to the victory ones, black with silver pinstripe. Gotta pay for that one though, he's can match a factory finish perfect, but not a custom painter.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I got my cross roads fairing tonight! thumb up I was going to mount it and then take it apart, sound right? also there are screws along the edge and a few in the middle, is it just the ones through the outer fairing that come out to take it apart? I need to get my old radio off so I can get this mounted and the new radio in.
Not sure I follow you. If you want to remove the windscreen, there are 4 allen head bolts that you can loosen and pull it right off. Takes about a minute.

If you want to remove the plexiglass from the chrome frame, you'll need to take it off the bike and lay it on something that won't scratch it. The frame falls apart into several pieces, so you can not leave it mounted to the bike to remove the windshield.

Are you sure you have a Cross Roads?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to remove the outer fairing, split the fairing. I need to mount my amp inside the fairing. There are 3 screw on each side that go through the outer fairing, the painted part. There are also screws that go through the inner fairing, the part you stare while riding. If I had to guess the ones through the painted part are what holds the 2 halves together. I will figure it out regardless, but someone knows already. There is very little info out there on these things.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I want to remove the outer fairing, split the fairing. I need to mount my amp inside the fairing. There are 3 screw on each side that go through the outer fairing, the painted part. There are also screws that go through the inner fairing, the part you stare while riding. If I had to guess the ones through the painted part are what holds the 2 halves together. I will figure it out regardless, but someone knows already. There is very little info out there on these things.
I think you own a Cross Country not a Cross Roads.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you own a Cross Country not a Cross Roads.
Really? Really? I own a cross roads, the one in the picture actually. I bought the victory cross roads fairing. A victory part, for a cross roads.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Can you take some pics? It might be the same part as the Cross Country Tour fairing. If so, I can help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Really? Really? I own a cross roads,
Really? Really? Can't see the front of it in your pic and the rear looks the same on all our bikes.

I bought the victory cross roads fairing. A victory part, for a cross roads.
Batwing, Cross Country fairing, something else? I realize you are excited about your new purchase, but it kinda helps to give people an idea what it is that you seek help with.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the hardball fairing and i think it's the same as the XR fairing. I haven't pulled it apart yet, but it looks like it's just the 6-8 small (4M) button head allen bolts.

I'm pulling mine apart this weekend, so if you don't mind waiting I can give you more details then

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct, only difference is shinny or flat paint.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
On my XCT, here are my steps:
- Remove the headlight assembly
- Remove windshield
- There are four hex bolts on each side of the fairing, one is behind the speaker grille. Remove these 4 bolts
- Unplug the turn signal wires (probably not needed for you unless your turn signals are bolted to the fairing)
- Grab the bottom of the fairing and pull gently but firmly until it unclips from the frame
- Lift the top out of the mounts and gently remove from bike.

·
13,027 Posts
maybe this will help go to youtube and see if you can find something

1 - 13 of 13 Posts