Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how the saying goes there's two types of riders: those that have been down and those that will go down.

So if you've had a wreck lets hear the story.
Here's mine: I was 21 and riding my second bike a brand new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-750R. I'd had the bike a few months before I decided it needed more power and sent it to the shop for a major overhaul. I dynoed it at 142hp at the wheel. Anyway, I was out horsing around on the backroad in front of my house doing stand-up wheelies. On about the third attempt I really gassed it hard to bring her up in second gear and not being used to the new power the bike came up too fast and hit the tail section on the road dumping me on my faceshield. My cousin was standing outside watching as all of this happened and said that the bike did a complete flip in the air and landed on the nose/windshield. It missed landing on me by about a foot. I slid donw the road found about 15yds and luckily only got some road rash, the worst of it on the palms of my hands. All of this happend at about 45mph. All I was wearing was jeans, t-shirt, sneakers and thank God a full face helmet. The worst was my Mom scrubbing all the little rocks out of my hands!!! Awful. The bike was totaled. So what's yours?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Didn't read your post but to me hearing about wrecked bikes is like hearing about my brother's in arms getting injured or killed in combat. I don't need any details as it is assumed as jinx. If you wrecked, that's too bad. Doesn't mean we need to hear about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts