Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have speed bleeders coming. Mainly because of the rear having caliper on wrong side for solo vacuum bleeding.

I ordered what is posted in old threads but I don't see any mention of the bolts being different size heads. Just different lengths. Which makes me a little concerned about having wrong size bleeder coming.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Dunno why the difference, but the left front is longer that the other two. I THINK the item numbers are (front left) SB125LL and the other two are SB125L.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bleeders

I also had to bleed my front brakes and noticed they were two different sizes. Did it the old-school way stuck a hose on the end of the bleeder and pump the brakes. But the hose was a different size for the left compared to the right.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I keep telling people that the BEST WAY to get the correct Seed Bleeders is to PHONE in the order. What's so intimidating about picking up your phone and actually talk to someone who knows more than you? Sheesh! I'm on another forum where people have ordered the wrong Speed Bleeders. It's worth getting the right ones as they make getting good, firm levers and pedals stupid easy.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunno why the difference, but the left front is longer that the other two. I THINK the item numbers are (front left) SB125LL and the other two are SB125L.
SB8125L.
My Honda would use same if I switched. Same caliper manufacturer.

They are on, bleeding is done and that nasty fluid is gone. I've seen plenty of posts about the front brake being difficult to get bled right. Ran what I consider a ton of fluid through it to be safe.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Pic of 2015 Order

Please see my 2015 post https://www.victoryforums.com/36-victory-tech-performance-section/146642-speed-bleeder-confirmation.html#post1710081 (in the thread https://www.victoryforums.com/36-victory-tech-performance-section/146642-speed-bleeder-confirmation.html ). I show a scan of my actual order back then, which parts then went on my actual XCT (which @Vinish now owns):

One SB8125LL, and two SB8125L

Why Vic/Polaris chose to use different sizes -- stock -- for the front two discs is unknown to me (and I don't recall ever reading an explanation of that choice).

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
what? actually talk on a teleohone???...nonono no one does that any more! TXT or EMAIL
You might hear my voice!, thats way too scary!...and what if you ask me something?...I'LL have to think what to say oh my god its all too hard!!! just txt me, thats easier

·
Registered
207 Posts
Whatever happened to plain old gravity bleeding?

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've always used a vacuum pump. Just can't do that when caliper on other side of rear. I'd pull air into reservoir before I could come around and fill it.

Did the zip tie on the lever thing and front feels better than it has in the year I've owned bike. After a good night of sleep (finally) I'll give it a test ride tomorrow. Will be nice to have a front brake that actually stops bike. At least that is what I'm hoping for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts