Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other place to find sale info on stage 3 cams? Tried to Google them but comes up dry. How much are these things? Can we order online? Whats the part number?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I would tell you where to find a set, but the rules here prevent me from helping a brother out. Sorry
How childish.

Well how about this then I found some cams but have no idea if they fit. So.... can you tell me if part numbers 3021983 and 3021984 will fit?
No, they will not fit your 2006 Jackpot. Those will fit 2009-2012 motors. The 2006 front and rear camshafts part numbers are 3021602 (front) and 3021603 (rear).

Have you considered Lloydz performance cams? http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000025 - One of our forum members is down in Iowa and could do the install work as well if you'd go that route (http://www.thevicshop.com/).

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would tell you where to find a set, but the rules here prevent me from helping a brother out. Sorry

I am curious, what rule is this, or maybe the question is why? Is it because some vendors pay to advertise?

I could have sworn I have seen other threads where a reference to a vendor was made, but probably I am wrong.

Anyway, would appreciate knowing the rules

Thx

Greg

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I am curious, what rule is this, or maybe the question is why? Is it because some vendors pay to advertise?

I could have sworn I have seen other threads where a reference to a vendor was made, but probably I am wrong.

Anyway, would appreciate knowing the rules

Thx

Greg
There's no rule against referring or recommending a vendor. There are countless posts on this forum with reviews, recommendations and links to numerous vendors.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Kevin is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people there are when it comes to Vic's. It's sad that he can't share info. I didn't see in the TOS where you can't suggest someone look elsewhere to find a product that isn't here.Especially if no names are use.I understand this site seems to think it is in some kind of competition with other forums:crzy:. But really, aren't we all here to help each other with our scoots?

·
Premium Member
4,894 Posts
What do you expect to get from cams? Why do you want the stage 3 cams so badly?

If you're buying cams... BUY SOME CAMS. Don't screw around with V-92 cams or Stage 3 cams. Hell, it ain't worth installing them for the small gains you get. Waste of time and effort. You'd get more performance from a 31 tooth front pulley.

Minimum cam? Lloydz VM-1.
If you're willing to put some compression in the motor, Lloydz VM-1 HP or .495 Andrews are awesome (I've used both).

It's like tattoos. Getting a 2" tattoo on your ankle is like 'Why Bother?". If you're gonna get one.... GET ONE. Either get on with a nice piece or spend the money on something else.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I like the stage 3 cams. If you want more mid and top end performance, then I say yea, skip the stage 3 and go for the VM1's or the 495. If you want more grunt on the lower end, like I did, get the stage 3.
half_crazy obviously has way more experience than at all these cams than I do, but I did quite a bit of research before I went with the stage 3's. My goal was lwer to mid range help.I also added the big bore kit, which helped some on the top end. But for my needs, I love my set-up. Other than, I kind of wish I went with the stock pistons that came with the big bore kit, instead of adding the 11:1 compression slugs. It's a PITA having to add octane boost when it gets hot out.
Another option for you, would be get some older V92 freedom cams and have your gears machined for advanced timing. There is a company that does it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you expect to get from cams? Why do you want the stage 3 cams so badly?

If you're buying cams... BUY SOME CAMS. Don't screw around with V-92 cams or Stage 3 cams. Hell, it ain't worth installing them for the small gains you get. Waste of time and effort. You'd get more performance from a 31 tooth front pulley.

Minimum cam? Lloydz VM-1.
If you're willing to put some compression in the motor, Lloydz VM-1 HP or .495 Andrews are awesome (I've used both).

It's like tattoos. Getting a 2" tattoo on your ankle is like 'Why Bother?". If you're gonna get one.... GET ONE. Either get on with a nice piece or spend the money on something else.
I like the torque down low, not at high rpm. I've decided i dont want no bogger at low rpm's. I used to have that as a kid, there's no enjoyment in that in my opinion. I however have thought about the 31 tooth pulley. Only problem with that is it'll mess up the MPH reading.

·
Premium Member
4,894 Posts
I like the torque down low, not at high rpm. I dont want no bogger at low rpm's
I would rather have more torque from idle to the limiter, but that's just me...

I however have thought about the 31 tooth pulley. Only problem with that is it'll mess up the MPH reading.
How many cars or bikes are within 7% on the speedo? At 50 mph indicated you are really doing 47... and at 90 mph indicated you are really doing 84. 4-6 mph is no big deal. My friend's Goldwing speedo reads the same as mine. My GMC pick-up is off by more than that and so is my wife's Toyota.

Arlen Ness Signature Swept exhaust, Lloydz Air Box, VM-1 Cams on a 2008/2009 100":

Yeah, that looks like a real bogger... a dog...
And later on, if you decide to put a big bore or some high compression pistons in it, it won't be so damned camshaft limited. You don't wanna buy cams twice.

How far will VM-1 cams take you? 100" Vegas, TTI, 11:1 pistons, HardKrome pipe. 73 year-old rider. This bike would do 11.80s if he'd learn to stay off the limiter:

Not being argumentative... but I was hard-headed and wanted what I wanted from what I 'heard'... spent a lot of money buying stuff 2, 3, and 4 times... If I had it to do over I would do the 109" big bore, 11:1, headwork, VM-1 HP cams, TTI, RPW Thor, PC-III, rev limiter bump, 31 tooth pulley. 130 HP and midrange torque that would mess up the rotation of this planet... and never even split the cases.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would rather have more torque from idle to the limiter, but that's just me...

How many cars or bikes are within 7% on the speedo? At 50 mph indicated you are really doing 47... and at 90 mph indicated you are really doing 84. 4-6 mph is no big deal. My friend's Goldwing speedo reads the same as mine. My GMC pick-up is off by more than that and so is my wife's Toyota.

Arlen Ness Signature Swept exhaust, Lloydz Air Box, VM-1 Cams on a 2008/2009 100":

Yeah, that looks like a real bogger... a dog...
And later on, if you decide to put a big bore or some high compression pistons in it, it won't be so damned camshaft limited. You don't wanna buy cams twice.

How far will VM-1 cams take you? 100" Vegas, TTI, 11:1 pistons, HardKrome pipe. 73 year-old rider. This bike would do 11.80s if he'd learn to stay off the limiter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfEXbVJVrlk&feature=player_embedded

Not being argumentative... but I was hard-headed and wanted what I wanted from what I 'heard'... spent a lot of money buying stuff 2, 3, and 4 times... If I had it to do over I would do the 109" big bore, 11:1, headwork, VM-1 HP cams, TTI, RPW Thor, PC-III, rev limiter bump, 31 tooth pulley. 130 HP and midrange torque that would mess up the rotation of this planet... and never even split the cases.
Well I see your point... That graph is awefull compelling gives more food for thought. How much difference did that pulley actually give you?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
31 tooth pulley

Where did you purchase your 31 tooth pulley?
And what is the stock number of teeth on a cross country front pulley?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,894 Posts
How much difference did that pulley actually give you?
7% shorter gearing in the final drive is what it gives you.

Where did you purchase your 31 tooth pulley? And what is the stock number of teeth on a cross country front pulley?
I don't have a Cross Country, so I can't comment. The question was about a 2006 Jackpot... on that bike I would DEFINITELY get the pulley. The '06/'07 1st gear ratio is so high that if you're in traffic it's like a bad dream. 15 MPH or nothin'... you never get the clutch out.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10015

1 - 16 of 16 Posts