Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, half of the reason people buy a Harley is to wear the gear. And gear they have, its amazing how much stuff they have available in the dealerships.

I stopped at 2 Victory dealers this past weekend and couldn't even find a decent t-shirt, much less anything else... My wife just wants something to wear when we're riding with friends (who mostly have harleys) and there just isn't a thing out there nice from Victory.

Seems like they are totally missing the boat and don't get it like the motor company does.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not all dealerships can support the financial outlay for multiple items in multiple sizes. Take a look at the factory website. You might find something you like in the accessories section.

·
Registered
851 Posts
They're out there if you look hard enough including Google. I have a couple of Victory T-shirts but they have the dealer's name on it.

Personally I would rather keep Victory as a motorcycle company that sells a few t-shirts than a t-shirt company that sells a few motorcycles thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I have 20 Victory t-shirts, no two the same. Also 2 long sleeve Ts, one short sleeve T, and one button-up shop shirt from Lloydz... in addition to my Arlen Ness Las Vegas shop shirt. My wife has 4 or 5 Vic women's shirts and tank tops and she doesn't even ride.

Yup no Vic gear is available...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wish it could be USA

One of the reasons I bought my High Ball is where it was made,
I would like someone in Victory to have the balls to sell USA made textiles.
Its hard for me to sit on it with a foreign made jacket.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not saying that the HD gear is great or made in the USA etc. And yes the textiles actually saved HD. I'm just saying the selection isn't good at all, at least over here right next to where the bikes are made. That is just part of building the brand. Maybe what some of you are seeing is local dealers making shirts etc. ?

I'll keep looking...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You know, half of the reason people buy a Harley is to wear the gear. And gear they have, its amazing how much stuff they have available in the dealerships.
And of course you realize that those people who are half inclined to buy a motorcycle because of the clothing are the people that some of us are half inclined to laugh at.

Seems like they are totally missing the boat and don't get it like the motor company does.
As soon as they get whatever it is the MoCo got, I will cease going into Victory dealerships in the same way that I have ceased going into Harley dealerships. I may continue to own the machines but will not trade with the entities that dilute the experience with kitch.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'd rather they concentrate on building the best cruisers made in the US., than any devotion of efforts in the apparel industry. This is why Harley puts more design effort in their junk than their bikes. A vast majority of their profits are from all the crap that occupies more than half the space of the dealerships. I hope victory never goes beyond a jacket or t-shirts.

Soapbox dismounted. :)

Come on spring and riding weather!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
679 Posts
One of the reasons I bought my High Ball is where it was made,
I would like someone in Victory to have the balls to sell USA made textiles.
Its hard for me to sit on it with a foreign made jacket.
Well if it's that hard, don't look under you at any a considerable amount of parts (most of the ignition) if you take away all of the non american parts you won't need to sit on it to go anywhere. Just walk,(if your shoes are made in America) :)cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice Bikes!

I realize that there is quiet a bit of foreign pieces on our bikes. But they are more US made than most that I know of.
All I am saying with out getting into a bunch of typing is every chance we get we need to help ourselves and make more products here.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I realize that there is quiet a bit of foreign pieces on our bikes. But they are more US made than most that I know of.
All I am saying with out getting into a bunch of typing is every chance we get we need to help ourselves and make more products here.
You've got my curiosity up--what are the foreign made pieces on our Vics? I have heard that the forks on Cross bikes are from Italy and well they should be. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ebay and Amazon list tons of Victory clothing.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This is why Harley puts more design effort in their junk than their bikes.
:confused:Why'd you mention their bikes twice? Odd. lol I can't help myself.

Anyway, I've only visited maybe a half-dozen Vic dealers in the West, but Tri-Cities in Centerville, UT and Victory of Mesa in Mesa, AZ both had a LOT of cool apparel. Even Action Motorsports in Idaho Falls has a pretty decent selection, and they share floor space with Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki and sell ATVs too.

I actually own a Vic shirt, a hat, and a pair of riding glasses with interchangeable lenses. Sometimes I start to feel overbranded, but then I see some Harley rider and feel better.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i wish vic had good dedicated dealers with a selection of parts in stock, accessories, chrome, clothes, boots. i've never been one to think everything has to be branded with my bikes logo, but if i do want something i like to look at it before i buy. i would never buy clothes, jackets, boots, helmets, on line because everytime i have i have sent them back for some reason.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
i wish vic had good dedicated dealers with a selection of parts in stock, accessories, chrome, clothes, boots. i've never been one to think everything has to be branded with my bikes logo, but if i do want something i like to look at it before i buy. i would never buy clothes, jackets, boots, helmets, on line because everytime i have i have sent them back for some reason.
+1 on buying clothing on line. Do you have a Cycle Gear store near you? I characterize them as the Harbor Freight of the MC gear world. They maintain large in-store inventories, will bring something in from other stores if yours doesn't have it, have try-on rooms, great prices and even greater sale prices - usually 1/2 off. I have had excellent luck with them and the products I have purchased there. thumb up

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've certainly learned that there must be gear out there, its just not found at the dealers that are close to mother victory here in WI and MN ;-)

+1 on seeing stuff in person though, I was in Lakeville, MN at the Victory dealer and they had some cool looking t-shirts, but once I picked them up they just weren't very nice.

Good points by everyone, and I do agree that the focus on Bikes is good !

I was with a few Harley guys this past weekend and stopped and looked at a dealership (they're trying to pull me over to the dark side, and its just not gonna happen).
It was funny though, there was a Street glide with 32k miles on it, and they all said:
"I wouldn't even think about a Harley with that many miles on it, to many things will need maintenance with that many miles."

Seems like a Vic would just be getting broke in at that mileage ;-)

·
Registered
194 Posts

I stopped at 2 Victory dealers this past weekend and couldn't even find a decent t-shirt, much less anything else... My wife just wants something to wear when we're riding with friends (who mostly have harleys) and there just isn't a thing out there nice from Victory.

First off, if you buy a Harley just so you can wear the gear, you are a freaking poseur...

Secondly, I am near the Arlen Ness dealership - and there is a ton of Victory branded gear in there that I wish I could afford to buy.

Thirdly, everything you see in a Harley dealership is manufactured in China...like half the parts on a Harley.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts