Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

What is the primary use of your Victory Motorcycle?

• Pleasure: I ride my Victory mostly on weekends and days I'm off work

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Pleasure: I ride my Victory mostly for trips over 100 miles

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Pleasure: I ride my Victory mostly for biker events, shows, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commute: I ride my Victory to work most of the time and sometimes for pleasure

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Commute: I ride my Victory to work only when the weather is perfect, mostly for pleasure.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Commute: I ride my Victory to work all the time because I don't own a cage!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 2-Up: I ride my Victory when I have a passenger only, otherwise I take my other bike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the primary use of your Victory motorcycle?

What is the primary use of your Victory Motorcycle?

I was talking to the guys on my sport touring bike forum and the discussion was that Sport-Touring guys buy their bikes mostly for commute and cruiser guys buy mostly for leisure. Just curious how many of us commute with the Cruiser. I also have a sport touring bike and use it primarily for commute, the Victory is what I take on any longer distance ride, camping trip or 2-up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
1. I like the looks of the bike.
2. It's reliable and has plenty of power. Being a gearhead, I like the way Vic engines are designed.
3. I like owning an American made bike without dealing with the Harley stereotype.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1. I like the looks of the bike.
2. It's reliable and has plenty of power. Being a gearhead, I like the way Vic engines are designed.
3. I like owning an American made bike without dealing with the Harley stereotype.
I fully agree with that. The poll is geared more toward the primary use of the motorcycle.

I was talking to the guys on my sport touring bike forum and the discussion was that Sport-Touring guys buy their bikes mostly for commute and cruiser guys buy mostly for leisure. Just curious how many of us commute with the Cruiser. I also have a sport touring bike and use it primarily for commute, the Victory is what I take on any longer distance ride, camping trip or 2-up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No one poll selection covered all mine, so I went with Commute to work most the time and pleasure.

If an option was: Lifestyle: To ride to work, to ride most the time, to ride with no reason other than to ride, to ride to club functions. Well, that would be my answer. I own a cage, its a necessity, I have two children, a wife and her daughter. The Victory though, she's my baby. I never thought I'd see the day when I forced to abandon the sport bike culture, but that day quickly came with one MRI result. Now those other bikes are a thing of my past, where I grew up and admire those that push them to the edge. I ride comfortable now, way less pain. The Victory is my Zen bike for sure.

I own a 2013 Cross Country, its a bagger, not a cruiser ;)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
(to make a long story short)

I was tired of riding a car on 2 wheels and the Victory was the only other viable option ... and the fact that I liked the looks, it had current technology, great handling, and I wanted a reliable and powerful V-twin.

Crap, all I saw was "why did you buy your Victory" ... thus my answer above .... never saw the rest of the OP or the poll until after I clicked Submit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My apologies. There isn't one poll option that really fits me, but I chose the first 'commute' option. I use the bike to commute to work anytime the weather allows. I also ride for pleasure when the weather allows. Having said that, the reason I use the bike to commute to work is only because I enjoy it. If I have multiple passengers, the weather sucks, or I need to haul something, then I use the car.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I use mine to commute and for pleasure. About 200 miles a week commuting if it's not raining in the morning. Sometimes go for rides during the weekend.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the confusion. I have edited the title.

It's hard to make a poll that covers all possibilities, just pick the closest match.

Should of had a final choice: I ride to work, for pleasure and anytime I can! cheers

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Should of had a final choice: I ride to work, for pleasure
There's never a time it's pleasurable going to work! LOL

Now, coming home FROM work... that's a different story!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I always likes Victory since the Vegas came out in 2003. It looks different from anything else and I wanted something that would stand out from the crowd. Finally in 2012 I traded for a Highball. Its been nothing but Victory since then. My Kids are In love with our Victories and won't ride on anything but.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I bought my JP because I liked the sound, look and power. Traded it in on my Vision because I like the sound, look and power plus the handling. I do not follow the pack so I think Victory has a more independent following. Had a HD Vrod and even that was not acceptable to some of the HD guys. Prefer being that lone wolf and enjoying a bike that rides great and is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
There's never a time it's pleasurable going to work! LOL

Now, coming home FROM work... that's a different story!
And How !!!!

On a good day the ride home from work can take an hour or more, on any other day it's 25 minutes.
I ride as often as that undependable ass weather man allows.
I have no, shield, no bags, and no rain gear.
Getting wet sucks!!!

BTW Every since i saw my first one I've always thought that Victory bikes look custom straight outta Spirit Lake.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
No one poll selection covered all mine, so I went with Commute to work most the time and pleasure.

If an option was: Lifestyle: To ride to work, to ride most the time, to ride with no reason other than to ride, to ride to club functions. Well, that would be my answer. I own a cage, its a necessity, I have two children, a wife and her daughter. The Victory though, she's my baby. I never thought I'd see the day when I forced to abandon the sport bike culture, but that day quickly came with one MRI result. Now those other bikes are a thing of my past, where I grew up and admire those that push them to the edge. I ride comfortable now, way less pain. The Victory is my Zen bike for sure.

I own a 2013 Cross Country, its a bagger, not a cruiser ;)
Same here, I think you need another catagory or two. I ride at 50% rain or less leaving for work and what ever happens coming home happens, every day/anyday to/from work, all errands unless I have to get bottled watter (which Ihave put a couple case on before but it was a little shakey). I ride year round because my bikes let me!
I get up and ride in the early morning with a cup of coffee to watch the sun rise on the coast or just do circles in the court with the Godson on his battery ATV so he can mimic me on the bike from his little brrrooommm brrrooomm.
I think Doc summed it up, riding is incorporated into my lifestyle. I don't ride to proove anything, I ride because it is riding. No vests, no clubs, just riding. Solo, 2up or with friends. I ride Vic's because I like their style, sound and I am not part of the club.
Both bikes I own have a purpose and I ride them for it.
:ride:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
:ltr: I couldn't vote! Where's the category for the hard core? I ride my Victory every single day, to and from work and for pleasure, regardless of weather or temperature, I do own a cage but prefer to ride.

I bought my Vic because I did the Vic bike builder with the options I wanted and then printed off the picture and took to my tattoo artist and had it incorporated into my sleeve. :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
I ride to work as often as I can. I should say i ride as often as i can....Summer is short here. I only have 12,000 miles on my 2013 and the bike is a year old this month.

It's a bitch looking at your bike sit for 6 months of the year....

Some of you guys that ride no matter what the weather must have some miles racked up......

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I ride to work as often as I can. I should say i ride as often as i can....Summer is short here. I only have 12,000 miles on my 2013 and the bike is a year old this month.

It's a bitch looking at your bike sit for 6 months of the year....

Some of you guys that ride no matter what the weather must have some miles racked up......
Not necessarily, I live only 9 miles from work. That's only 18 miles a day, or 90 miles a week, or 4,680 miles a year for transportation to and from. I've had my bike almost exactly 1 year. Bought new Aug 13, 2012. Waited a week for the bike to come in then a few days for install of my options. I'm around 10,500 on the bike now. I've not taken any real long rides. I ride a couple miles to and from church on Sunday and Saturday is my cruisin' day. Mostly stay in my general area, not been on any cross country or multi state rides yet but really want to.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts